interesting read....

I was asking, some time ago, if there would be a benefit to running a few, bigger, caps in parallel. Never got a clear answer... what say you, sir? Btw, I have a feeling you may be one of the few around here that might appreciate the substage in my sig, lol...
As installers, we used them to very good effect. They had their merits for the systems of that time. I can remember running a Soundstream Ref705 and being fine until I added Ref500 in addition to that. I had the classic light dimming and weak leading edge transient behavior with tight drums or tones with lots of impact, if high demands were placed on the system. Adding two 1F caps vastly improved the transient behavior and dimming was no more. I like them for anything less than 1k and up until recently, that was usually where I hovered. I'm just beginning to get into the area of truly needing more than 1500w, heading more toward the 2k-3k, to make up for inefficient or power hungry drivers. Batteries are in my future.
Nice substage, for sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yes it actually can. If you have issues with your system pulling far more then your standard electrical can keep up with and you add a second battery it is no more then a band-aid for the problem and can cause more issues.
Let's explain this a little more because this is the way I understand it.

As installers, we used them to very good effect. They had their merits for the systems of that time. I can remember running a Soundstream Ref705 and being fine until I added Ref500 in addition to that. I had the classic light dimming and weak leading edge transient behavior with tight drums or tones with lots of impact, if high demands were placed on the system. Adding two 1F caps vastly improved the transient behavior and dimming was no more. I like them for anything less than 1k and up until recently, that was usually where I hovered. I'm just beginning to get into the area of truly needing more than 1500w, heading more toward the 2k-3k, to make up for inefficient or power hungry drivers. Batteries are in my future.
Nice substage, for sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Thank you. Caps are everywhere for dirt cheap, and I have read, here and there, that they are good for sq on systems that aren't already hard on the charging system. I think I might pick up a couple, and see if I notice a difference in sound.

I've never believed all of this 0 gauge wiring and extra battery stuff. It just seems like a great way to sell more crap to people.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/spank.gif.0d78e34d42ea8780359e903aeb6697d6.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif

thats because you have no idea what you.re talking about ...go ahead hook up a 3.5k amp. to ur stock electrical systen with 4 gauge and see what happens
took the words right out of my mouth..

But couldn't an extra battery be stressful on a stock alternator in Some cases
it CAN but usually not until you are adding multiple larger batteries, i know a few people local to me running 5k with 5 Dekas, multiple runs of 0, on a stock 160 amp alt and the lowest he drops too is 13.2, has had the system in for 4 years, alt is still going strong..

Tis all true, I changed stock wiring from 4g to 16g and took out stock batt and put in a AA. Now able to run 32kw with no problems....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif could not have trolled harder myself, sir:rolleyes:

This thread basically is going to mislead every new member. Please tell me why you think both of those things aren't needed. When your car lights on fire LMK.
really though, this is so misinforming..

thats because you have no idea what you.re talking about ...go ahead hook up a 3.5k amp. to ur stock electrical systen with 4 gauge and see what happens
I never said that any stock system could handle 3500 watts of power. It is crap to hook up 0 gauge leads from your 50 amp honda alt and pretend that you can run big amps all of the sudden.

What I originally said wasn't entirely what I meant. I just see a lot of people wasting money on electrical who don't understand how it works.

My system has stock electrical and I run a 500 watt sub amp and a 200 watt 4ch. I have good grounds and positive leads and that's plenty for my system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.