Is it my remote wire?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mtkmit

Hello all, my name is Daniel and I've been a long time lurker and finally making an account because i've run into a problem I can't seem to find an answer to. I'm running all my car audio on one 4 channel amp. first 2 channels running alpine type r components and bridged to run 1 sub. It used to work fine but recently my amp has started to go on and off. It use to happen like twice a drive and now when it happens it'll stay off and sometimes not go on and i'd drive awhile and itll come on itself. I'm led to believe it might be my remote wire? I removed the remote wire and tried a different wire straight from the power wire on the amp and itll turn on but if i use the wire from the remote turn on of my headunit sometimes it'll come on and itll turn off right away and sometimes it won't come on at all. So what I'm wondering is if theres a break in my remote wire or is something else wrong ? Sorry for the long read I'm a forum noob this is my first forum for anything i've ever signed up for.

Its a hifonics zxi 6406, 85x4 rms at 4 ohms only using 2 channels for the type r components, and 340 rms bridged for 1 kenwood 12 inch kfc 3012. The amps sensitivity is all the way down nothing turned up also

That would be a great start to look at..You can run an exposed wire for new remote line, and run that for a couple days to see if that may be the issue,to start with,yet, Id check power and ground connections,and check the Batt out for proper operation/voltage,as well as your alternator.I had a bad battery once that did that to one of my past systems.

It could be either a loose connection, possible break in the wire or possibly you are not getting sufficent constant voltage from the hu. Check the voltage of the rem wire when the amp comes on and off, also, try running another rem wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.