is it safe to have gain really high?

I don't want it to "boom" at low volume. I just want it to exist. At low to mid level volume (5 - 15 on my hu), the bottom end completely drops off. Some of this will be remedied with new components, but I still feel that the bottom end should stay true down low.

This is what the "loudness" control on old HU's did. It boosted bass and treb at low volume.

Your sub volume control should allow you to adjust it the way you like it at about any volume.

Just do your initial gain setting with the sub volume near the middle of its range. But keep in mind - you don't want to have the sub vol way up when the vol's up.

With my hu i hear everything should be flat. But when i put my loudness on mid and sla on 2 and eq on vocal it sound 5x better. I know im clipping when i turn it up cuase i smell it so i keep it around 35

Loud setting on generally sounds like beats headphones. That super shitty V- curve lol. If you are listening at lower volume then turn up the gain a bit more. Keep in mind where ever the max volume was for you volume before, thats now at waay past clipping levels, so your max volume you can safely go up on the headunit after upping the gains will decrease dramatically. There's tradeoffs to every setting.

Another way you can go about it is lowering the gain on your mids and highs amp so that you have to turn the volume up higher but it'll still be the same listening level you would want.

Another way you can go about it is lowering the gain on your mids and highs amp so that you have to turn the volume up higher but it'll still be the same listening level you would want.
That actually makes a whole lot of sense. I'm running stock speakers on hu power right now, but components and amp are in the mail as we speak. I'm going to give this a go when they get here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.