Is my amp blown?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SiD

The other day I was playing my music pretty loud, and my subs cut out. Normally they would come back on in a minute, because the amp was overheating. But this time they didnt come back on. I checked the fuse, and it was blown, so I replaced it.

Then when i turned on my car, as soon as the amp warms up, I hear a really loud buzzing sound and a deep bass tone coming out of my subs, even when the volume is at 0.

Is my amp dead?

Unless you can find a poor connection somewhere in the wiring then I would say yes. Are your gains cranked up high? If overheating is problem to the point where your amp frequently goes into overheat shutoff mode, then the excessive heat may have damaged something. Although this heat protection function is designed to protect your amp, frequently pushing an amp to it's limit can greatly reduce the amp's life.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.