Is this a solid first system?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rage8725

This will be my first system I ever put into a car so keep that in mind. I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback and here's what I'm thinking about putting into it:

Subs: Dual® BP1204 - 12" Dual 1100W Bandpass Subwoofer Enclosure

Amp:BOSS AR1500M

And I will be installing a new HU so there's these parts:

Dash kit: Metra® 99-5827B - Single/Double DIN Black Stereo Dash Kit

HU:Pioneer® FHX720BT - Double DIN CD / MP3 Receiver with MIXTRAX, Bluetooth, Siri Eyes Free, USB Playback, Pandora, Android Music Support

Please let me know if something is bad about this setup and I'm open to suggestions! Lemme know what you all think

They will tell u to change ur sub and amp, Boss is not liked here, I would get suggestions on here 1st and get a nice build when I 1st started out, I went with cheap stuff and u r better off spending a little bit more bc u will want to upgrade, so if u start out with boss and dual, u r going to get addicted to this and find out there are better quality stuff out there but good luck with ur build

For the same price, two of these in a sealed box will be louder and sound better. Kenwood KFC-W3013PS 12" 1200W Performance Series Subwoofer

Dual 12" Sealed Car Subwoofer 3/4" MDF Enclosure/Box 2.46 Cu Ft

For the head unit, go with the 700bt not the 720. The 700 bt has much better sound quality. Buy it from crutchfield or sonicelectronix and get a free dash kit and wiring harness so you dont have to waste money on that. Put that money into something important like wiring and amplifier power..

Boss is utter garbage, if you think you can get away with cheaping out on the amps, your setup will blow up in your face.

If you want cheap budget amps, audiopipe, sharkamps, hifonics(brutus series only no zues crap) soundstream and mb quart are your best bets.

For amp kits, go with the knuknonceptz 4 gauge cca its 30 dollars.

I have that same sub that Jeff suggested and it sounds great, u can get it cheaper on Amazon warehouse deals I got mine for about 40.00

Them dual subs are pretty much the lowest subs on the totem pole. Same thing with that amp.. I would buy used off local Craigslist and test all the **** u buy to make sure it works before u buy it.. U should be able to find some decen 12s and amp for a good price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.