Is this amp a POS or good?

(Blew your budget on the 1/0 and couldn't afford remote wire?)

uhh yea thats what it was lol... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

here we go with the fusing idea again, fuses do no indicate the amperage an amp pulls at a given point. if so no amp will do the power it says.

mmats amps have 80 amp fuse recommendation. are they garbage.

saz 1000 has 75 amps of fuses, that equals 1080 at 100%. So I'm guessing it only puts out 700-750 watts since class d amps are at best 70-75 percent efficient at 1 ohm

here we go with the fusing idea again, fuses do no indicate the amperage an amp pulls at a given point. if so no amp will do the power it says.
mmats amps have 80 amp fuse recommendation. are they garbage.

saz 1000 has 75 amps of fuses, that equals 1080 at 100%. So I'm guessing it only puts out 700-750 watts since class d amps are at best 70-75 percent efficient at 1 ohm
Are you suggesting that amplifiers put out max rms all the time? Sure a fuse will take much more power then rated for short periods at a time. That doesn't mean that it is a meaningless thing to go by fuse ratings, it will get you in ballpark range.

The thing is your input voltage doesn't mean anything either because you are going through either a series of Mosfets or BJTs and therefore unless you took apart the amplifier you wouldn't know what the different effects would be because you don't know the internals of the amplifier. There are way too many variables to say fuse gives you this much power in other words.

JEEBUS CRIPES folks help the man with his amp and take your arguments somewhere they belong. Like a bunch on hens pecking around in here.
Just to clarify, the majority of everyone here has stated that the odds of the amp doing around the rated power is very probable and that it is a decent purchase at that price. No one said different with the exception of TNT of course. Gameover just does not like 4 gauge inputs because of personal reasons I assume.

JEEBUS CRIPES folks help the man with his amp and take your arguments somewhere they belong. Like a bunch on hens pecking around in here.
Says the guy that makes no effort to help out the guy in his post at all.....

I don't think you will find anybody that has used one on here. For me $150 is cheap enough to take a gamble on it being total junk, I don't know your budget so I won't suggest doing that but at that price you probably could make most of it back if you listed on Craigslist.

I don't think you will find anybody that has used one on here. For me $150 is cheap enough to take a gamble on it being total junk, I don't know your budget so I won't suggest doing that but at that price you probably could make most of it back if you listed on Craigslist.
If you are going to gamble, Concept is not a horrible way to do so. They typically do very close to rated and unless the totally changed their build house then they should still be of at least decent quality. I do second that for the price it is worth a shot.

I had one of their older amps I got at a pawn shop. I had it to long ago to have any experience to remember if it was good imo or not. I do remember they were in the spl lanes at the time.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif Says the guy who has asked everyone?

The used amps section in this site and other car audio related sites are where I would search first and foremost. Then if you can find something that fits your bill OP, trace back the person's history and feedback online to see if that person is reliable enough in your eyes to make the transaction.

IDK if its good or not but I have owned previous concept amps and they have always done me good. Not the top of the line but def very solid and they do power. For 150 bucks id take a gamble on the concept as they are a reputable brand.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.