Is this CircuitCity system worth $733?

Thanks for the advice. While I agree this system looks much better, the installation looks waaay over my head! If I ordered my system online, how hard would it be to install everything? I had a HELL of a time taking out my factory stereo head and installing an aftermarket one...would it be more difficult than that?

Thanks for the advice. While I agree this system looks much better, the installation looks waaay over my head! If I ordered my system online, how hard would it be to install everything? I had a HELL of a time taking out my factory stereo head and installing an aftermarket one...would it be more difficult than that?
the CC guys won't do the install unless you buy from them???

You can get a ma audio hk2000d, two 12" 1200XLs, a ma 4ch, and all 4 speakers, to murder that system for the same money!!
For equipment only. Wire, distribution, materials, and labor should be added to your estimation.

I started out doing this in my corolla when I was a newbie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif couple years later, here I am doing all my own stuff. It's not really too hard installing everything. Just do a little research.

Installing the stereo is probably the hardest part depending on your car.

Installing the amp/subs is pretty easy. You basically just need to run a wire from the batter to the trunk. Depending on what you need to take out of your car it could be very easy.

If I were you I would give it a shot. You can get a much better system for 700 dollars online

look through the internet for audio sites. most quality stuff is not sold at cc, bb, walmart, target, kragen, or any other national chain. their need for quantity pruduces very low quality products.

edit: if you need help, there are alot of people here that are willing to show you the ropes.

that system is worth maybe 400 max. That system is a jip man

Im about to sell my system as soon as i take some pics

jbl 1200.1 200+shipping

12" IDMAXv3 250+shipping

Rainbow SLC 265.02 150+shipping(think thats the right model number)

All you would need is the wiring kit and a box built. Plus a lil amp to power the soundlines

600 for the equipment, 40 for the wiring kit, 80 for the box if you have it built.

BOOM you got a nice ass system.

If you go used you can get WAY nicer equipment for the price.

Just keep your eyes on the classified section and read up. There allways equipment for sale at a good price.

when i first started i was in the same boat as you. just wanted a little factory upgrade. i worked at sears and got a bunch of sony stuff cheap. within less than a month i wanted better.

at the end of the day if i would of just did a little research i would of saved myself a couple grand.

if you can remove your door panel and have a little patience you can do an install. there are plenty people on here that would answer any questions you have.

if all else fails start a thread on here asking for good shops in DC. i can imagine there are plenty. id much rather a reputable shop do the install than CC. sure not all CC's are bad, i know of one that is actually pretty **** good, but ive heard more terrible stories than good.

Like everyone else has suggested....shop around more....you have a variety of choices and a wealth of knowledge on this forum but with many difference opinions! I would def see it more as a wise decision to spend the money on better quality equipment because you will find it if you shop around....as far as the install....CC is a joke IMO not trying to offend anyone....im sure you would be able to find a reputable installer in your area to do it....maybe even someone one here....there are plenty! Good luck in your choices and welcome to the forum

Those labor quotes are pretty cheap, but then again, it's Circuit City.

Don't waste your time with a 10 ga amp kit. That's really puny.

All of that Sony stuff is garbage, including your head unit.

$733 won't get you anything jaw-dropping, but you can take your time and get a lot better stuff out there.

There has to be several shops in the DC area. Go somewhere that specializes in car audio. In fact, go to several. Some of them will be worse than CC, so just feel it out and do some research.

Good luck!

don't ever go to circuit city or best buy... they will probably just **** up your system installation... it is well worth it to take your time and DIY and also if you start there... you can eventually not rely on the constantly changing staff at circuit city or best buy........ they are usually always some newb that makes some **** ups... don't let him **** your **** up after droping +500....... when you could save yourself money and learn along the way...

as everyone else says that system looks puny for $700.

I think my system cost me about $500 and its pretty decent for a beginner setup.

I recommend going for a cadence txa1000 amp, maybe a memphis 12", pioneer head unit, kenwood components.

Not worth it.
nG
neither was your sister //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

but naw what's up bro! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.