It Has Begun... donpisto's '06 G35 Sedan Install

Yeah, I'm leaning towards that direction, just that it may be hard finding another one in the condition I'm wanting and for a good price. Some of the ones I've seen are beat to hell or sellers want a ridiculous amount for them.

I like the JL idea too. Although the newer IDQ's have purrdier baskets. I love the way IB looks in a trunk car (as opposed to what, i do not know).

May be doing something similar to your build soon. I know someone getting rid of their e46m3 with 17k miles. If i get it i'll run some decent passives and a sub IB. Ill save a complex system for the expedition where i have more room to work with it, not to mention i can drive it year round.

Anyway, if I were your indecisive ass, i would wait until i'm ready to install, then buy whatever.. That way you've already made the cuts before you've had a chance to up and change your mind... and you're locked in on a sub size unless you want to do fabwork.

edit: You shouldn't need that much power anyway, should you? It's IB, you'll reach excursion limits in no time.

Lol, so you noticed I'm quite indecisive, haha.

I'm waiting for a response from someone local on CL about their 15W6. If it's in good condition, I'll go that route...if not, I'll sell it and prob go with the IDQ's, less hassle as opposed to the custom subs, though with the custom subs I can do some powdercoating and whatnot.

I definitely won't need the power I have, but no need in finding another amp when I have the one I'm gonna be using, I'll just make sure I'm not gain happy.

I'd love to have an e46 m3....laguna seca blue = sex.

Lol, so you noticed I'm quite indecisive, haha.
I'm waiting for a response from someone local on CL about their 15W6. If it's in good condition, I'll go that route...if not, I'll sell it and prob go with the IDQ's, less hassle as opposed to the custom subs, though with the custom subs I can do some powdercoating and whatnot.

I definitely won't need the power I have, but no need in finding another amp when I have the one I'm gonna be using, I'll just make sure I'm not gain happy.

I'd love to have an e46 m3....laguna seca blue = sex.
Oh, i know. I'd give a testicle for one. It's hard enough to find an unmolested 6spd (non-smg) with low miles, all recs, etc. without the perfect color though. This is white anyway, which i like. Maybe i'll get some gold HRE wheels or somefin' someday...

E46 is my fav m though. Refined, but also has the straight 6, no idrive, etc.

Eventually i'd like to get a 91-93 m5 too... but i think i'll be stretching myself plenty thin as it is..

Still has the same camber...only thing that was changed was that the inner fenders were hammered and springs decompress. Got better clearance and I rarely rub, never get stuck.

It's just the angles I had it at before really intensified the camber.

I'm crossing my fingers on the 15w6...would be the cheapest route for me.

The first day the forum was down I worked on running some wires....

I'm starting to run the wires. I figured I have plenty of wire so might as well put it to use. Rather than do a single run of power cable from batt to trunk and ground somewhere in trunk....or even do a full run of each like the occasional people do...I figured to do two full runs of each. One for each amp.

I'll also be replacing the Odyssey PC 1200 with a redtop group 35 and throwing the Odyssey in the trunk with a Yellowtop group 35. I was gonna use a Batcap 3000 up front and 2000 in the rear but I don't have that much money for batteries, even with my sponsorship pricing, so unfortunately I had to go with Optima cos I got sponsored by them as well....probably order those batteries in a couple weeks.

Here's some progress pics...

80 ft of 4 awg wire:

IMG5720.jpg

IMG_5719.jpg

Gonna run the wire on the passenger side. Grommet slit open to get all the wire in:

IMG_5722.jpg

IMG_5721.jpg

Got one in and one out:

IMG_5723.jpg

IMG_5724.jpg

Tinned Copper Ring terminals:

IMG_5725.jpg

A little techflex and heat shrink to make it look all purrdy:

IMG_5726.jpg

All four wires in and out:

IMG_5727.jpg

IMG_5728.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

It was quite simple running the rest of the wire and I had no troubles with it. Just snapping on some of the last pieces was a lil difficult, but then I realized I was doing somethin wrong...after that, it was a cinch.

Since I'm going to be swapping the battery I figured I'd leave some slack for the wires. All I could find was some latex gloves..then I found some electrical tape and wrapped it around (not pictured is the electrical tape).

IMG_5731.jpg

IMG_5732.jpg

Progress of running all 4 wires

IMG_5733.jpg

IMG_5734.jpg

IMG_5735.jpg

IMG_5738.jpg

IMG_5739.jpg

Time to head to the trunk and find that opening

IMG_5740.jpg

Fed one through. Then zip-tying them and pulling through made it much easier.

IMG_5742.jpg

IMG_5743.jpg

Putting everything back together and taping off the opposite end of the wires with electrical tape.

IMG_5744.jpg

IMG_5745.jpg

IMG_5748.jpg

IMG_5750.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

IMG_5751.jpg

I've also decided to sell the 15W6, so if anyone is interested, let me know.

Gonna see about doing 2 18's instead of 2 15's. Any suggestions on what 18's I should do IB?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.