IMG_7388.jpeg
IMG_7391.jpeg
IMG_7393.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7271.jpeg
    IMG_7271.jpeg
    903 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Seal that joker up!!LOL.. Ive used 3 layers of 80mill so far 1"Foam and two layers of 3/4" Plywood to start my wall. I can see the work being done here. It takes patience and some time for sure. I used a heat gun and a roller to make sure all the deadner sticks!!

I just put in the 'Tweeters" and midbass...I have the 3-way component set but have yet to make the door pods needed for the midranges. In the mean time I decided to use the tweets and midbass and a sub for a simple 3-way active system. Amplification is handled by an Alpine X-A90v and DSP is a Dayton DSP-408. Headunit is an Alpine ilx-w650. Sub is a JL 12tw3 ported.

Tweet and mid actively crossed at 3k high and low @24db. Midbass/sub crossed at 63hz @24db. No time correction or EQ yet. Gains set by ear, pretty low until i can do it properly.

Initial thoughts…very clean. The tweeter is more of a small driver. It handles the highs very well with no ringing or hissy sounds. Not fatiguing at all…no ringing ears after loud listening. They handle the vocals quite well…this is a killer tweet for a 2-way. If the tweeter does this well with vocals I can’t wait to hear the midrange!

The midbass hasn’t impressed me yet…but it’s not broken in yet and is only getting about 100w rms…so I won’t pass judgement yet. What I do hear out of it is quite clean and the speakers work well together.

These are just initial impressions without any real tuning. They sound great without any tuning already…I suspect they’ll sound fantastic when really dialed-in.

I’ll add more pics and thoughts as the build progresses.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...