JL C2650 size question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Steelcore
10+ year member

Ohio
I picked up a C2650 component set the other day with intent on installing this weekend. I've got a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer EXT with 6.5" door speakers, which is what the C2650's are listed as. I was looking on Crutchfield and it said the C2650's are listed by JL as 6.5", but they're actually 6.75" and are listed as incompatible with my vehicle.

Was wondering if anyone has any additional knowledge to share on this. I'm not going to be able to work on installing them until Friday afternoon...but I'd rather know ahead of time if I need to return them or not that way I'm not wasting time pulling everything out and replacing it for something that doesn't fit. The guy at the shop said they would fit...but I've never done any type of install before so I took his word for it. Needless to say, if they don't fit I'm never buying anything from them ever again.

I'm almost wondering if I shouldn't just return them anyway...call me an idiot, but I paid $240 for them. Was actually looking at the BA SC65's which are half the price and probably more along the lines of what I actually "need" at this point in the game...but they don't carry them at the local shop.

I'm thinking this whole "buying locally" thing is going to end. They also wanted $360 for a Pioneer AVH-P2400.

LET ME AGAIN POINT OUT that I'm totally new to this stuff, so I don't really know what value anything has. All I know is not to buy Jensen.

I took them back and returned them, told the guy they were too big. So he tried to sell me JL Audio TR650 Evo's (also 6 3/4") for $200.

I told him to go **** himself and called Crutchfield. Ordered TWO sets of BA SC65's, so I can do front AND rear, for less than the price of one set of JL's from the local dealer. They'll be here Monday. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.