join the Cult of the Infinitely Baffled.

not even a whole sealed box. honestly, theres a little theory you can find at the main section of the site, but its not much. basically make a duct that fits in the wall and rock away.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yea that was a brilliant idea.

SUB5.JPG

whats the frequency response like in home IB installs, compared to ported to say 20 hz in home? right now i got a 2.6 tuned to 30 in my room, its fine for music but just takes up to much room

hmm how do you think an 18 inch Q in the door to my room would sound. How do you know how big to make that box or could you just cut a hole

how does one of those setups sound? is it that much better than a sub ina ported box?
People argue about this all the time. I don't think one type of install is superior,

the specific install whether sealed, ported, IB, etc., should be judged. Many people

like the idea of having their subwoofer out of sight and the IB works for them.

I'd rather make a design with more horsepower as the IB setups push the woofer

into excursion too easy. What about a massive ported box in the attic with four

monster 18" woofers and 20kw of amp? That would probably destroy the drywall. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

req

5,000+ posts
am a mod.
req
Syracuse, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date