jumbled RDS - 2008 Ford Explorer XLT

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sli

My RDS gives info in a jumbled manner. I haven't found any mention of this anywhere online, so I know it's not common at all. Anyway,

Instead of this:

Walk This Way

Aerosmith

The Peak

It'll say:

Walk This

Aerosmith

Way

Walk This

The Peak

Aerosmith

Sometimes it will also pause on one thing for a minute or longer. This has been the way it is since I bought the vehicle new in 2009. I had never had RDS before and actually didn't know that the technology was advanced past what I was experiencing, so I never brought it in for warranty service. (The fact that they had refused to do warranty service on another problem probably influenced my decision as well.) Does anyone know anything about this type of problem?

My RDS gives info in a jumbled manner. I haven't found any mention of this anywhere online, so I know it's not common at all. Anyway,
Instead of this:

Walk This Way

Aerosmith

The Peak

It'll say:

Walk This

Aerosmith

Way

Walk This

The Peak

Aerosmith

Sometimes it will also pause on one thing for a minute or longer. This has been the way it is since I bought the vehicle new in 2009. I had never had RDS before and actually didn't know that the technology was advanced past what I was experiencing, so I never brought it in for warranty service. (The fact that they had refused to do warranty service on another problem probably influenced my decision as well.) Does anyone know anything about this type of problem?
Take to the dealer for update or remove battery to clear radio memory to see if it fixes it
Sent from my Moto G4 using Tapatalk

^^ It's on its second battery, so that won't do it. I cringed at the thought of going to the dealer, but your suggestion made me call up a sound-place by me, and he confirmed that it is a firmware glitch so -------> go to the dealer.

Thanks.

One other thing, if anyone knows. I may just decide to replace the system entirely and go to a 6cd changer. I suppose the glitch is in the actual unit, but is it possible that the glitch is with the antenna? In other words, could I end up changing the stereo entirely and still have the same problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.