Just did the Big 3 upgrade.....

MerkConvoy501

Senior VIP Member
Conway AR
So i did the big 3 upgrade on my 99 Chevy blazer. So what im wondering is what others before and after has been. It would be great if someone with the same truck has done it and has input. I really haven't noticed much difference at all.

Voltage has stayed the same, voltage drop has stayed the same. The stuff that has improved is when driving my voltage doesn't drop much and if it does it builds up a little faster. I really need my voltage to stabalize when idling since i go out to my parking lot and do alot of demos for potential costumers.

Is there any way to test different things to see what the big 3 has done? Any trouble shooting areas to look into?

I grounded to the actual frame and then to the alternator front bolt for my two grounds and then of course the power is just from bat+ to alternator power.

Thanks in advance, Mark

the change may not be an audible change for you but an electrical change/upgrade for your amps. may run cooler but not hear a difference
The amp is cool never even gets close to warm. The gain on it is like 1/4 way, bass boost off.Its turned way down because of my voltage drop. I dont hear a difference or see a difference with my voltage meter

Thats the next change. The blazer is the trailblazer option and it has a lot of extra electrical stuff. My headlights stay on power everything. And i think its a 100amp alt

Everytime i start my truck its starting voltage is real low like 11.9 then builds up to like 14.5. But just ask a autoparts store if my alternator is charging under load?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.