JW prob a dumb question, but

No if you have a mono amp that means you can only hook one sub up to it.
ProblemChild - completely ignore his post. He's messing with you.

As Chriszle is implying, you need to keep the load on the amp at or above the minimum impedance load.

You can wire two subs to the mono amplifier and if the impedance of the coils is equal, power will be split between the two. Just read the owner's manual for the mono amp and it will tell you how to wire multiple subs safely.

to experiment with different combinations of subwoofer wiring schemes, use this tool:

Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard

Thats what i was gonna do i got 2 2ohms sub and 1ohm mono amp, would i be able to wire them down to 1ohm before the amp? its a dvc at 4 ohms and useally run at 2 ohms.

no.
you need two dual 4 ohm subs to wire to 1 ohm.

if you have two dual 2 ohm subs, you can either wire to 0.5 ohms or 2 ohms.
Oh wow I dont know how I messed that one up lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Yea 2 4ohm dvc subs to be able to wire down to 1 ohm

the ****** stupidity in this thread is killing me and that is not directed towards You OP.....

if u have a mono amp u can hook up any amount of subs to it as u want as long as u do not go below the minimum independence....

if u want to run 2 Dual Voice Coil Subs at 1 ohm then the subs Need to Be Dual 4's

the ****** stupidity in this thread is killing me and that is not directed towards You OP.....

if u have a mono amp u can hook up any amount of subs to it as u want as long as u do not go below the minimum independence....

if u want to run 2 Dual Voice Coil Subs at 1 ohm then the subs Need to Be Dual 4's
Geez man calm down I just made a simple mistake. Its not like I was purposely giving him bad advice like other posts in the thread did...

im with TJ...

i read the first comment and about put my head into the desk.

yes you can. explained above. good luck. make sure your wiring the DVC 4 subs down to 2 ohms each correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.