• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 945
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Man what a pain in the ass. The new 63.3 infinity kappa speakers physically fit in the hole for the mount, but none of the holes line up with the factory holes. Any suggestions?

(im a newB)

Ben

I had this problem in my mustang.

I simply put the speaker in the door (with one of the holes matching up) and marked the speaker mounting holes on the door metal.

Get the right size drill bit and drill the holes in the door.

Perfect match.

I have owned 2 Accords which I have dealt with this problem. The previous post suggested mounting to the door metal. My guess is that this won't work because the magnet is too big and/or the mounting depth may be to deep. If it's too deep, it won't fit. If it's too big, the window will hit the speaker every time you try to roll down the window. If you have access to a Dremmel or a similar tool, then you can cut the plastic speaker bracket to fit your speakers. It won't be a perfect fit, but it should work just fine. Just plan it out a head of time. I had to do this to both of my Accords. I first searched for an easy fit bracket, but could not find one. I then called a local install shop and they told me that this is how they do this install.

adding to the above....

The easiest way to plan a head is to roll the window down- and then test fit the speaker and see how much clearance you have. Just remember to allow a little slack for the wires, but not so much that the wire will get tangled in the window mechanism.

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.