Keep blowing one speaker

Participant count
  • Participant list

cluxford

CarAudio.com Newbie
Chasing an ongoing issue. On my rear 6x9s about every 6 months one channel blows the speaker. I've now replaced the speaker 4 times. It works fine for 6 months then one day (like today) it just starts going all static and basically crap and I have to disconnect it and replace it. Just one output. The other rear speaker has not missed a beat and it's over 2 years old now. Is it the amp? My wiring? any ideas ??

What amp, what speakers, in what, wired how?
Pioneer AVH-Z7250BT 7" Single DIN

Rockford Fosgate P1683 Punch 6"x8" – in the front

Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime 6"x9" – in the rear

Rockford Fosgate PBR400X4D Punch 400 Watt Full-Range 4-Channel Amplifier

It also has a Kicker 46CXA400.1 – 400 Watts RMS Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier and Kicker 48CWRT104 10 Inch CompRT 4 Ohm Subwoofer

The issue occurred before I installed the subwoofer and continues

Wiring. Sub is wired off it’s own output to the amp then to sub.

Speakers are wired using RCA from headunit to amp, then wired using LF, RF, LR, RR outputs using proper gauge speaker wire

You can pull that amplifier and take to an Audio shop and see if they will test it. Most shops charge very little and some will not even charge you at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...