Kenwood amp question

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just put my American bass vfl 150.4 in my friends truck replacing an old school CrossFire CFA 4ch,on a pair of perfects for front,and old school Kicker KS 5.25 for rear,and sounds Clear as hell.Only 40 amps of fusing.Great amp ,very efficient as well,small footprint.I can recommend that amp..A PPI 900.4 is a great amptoo for the money.Ive never been a kenwood amp fanatic,never will be.They seem to have always lacked within my expectations for performance.decent HUs,subs aren't too bad either,but Id look at another amp for the price man..Just my opinion..You could find a better deal for the miney..JL JX series even,pretty decent,JBL,Alpine

Eh I been running a Kenwood 8105D to my MTX JH45's for almost 5 years and had no issues ....I' am running also pair of SoundStream SST6.9's off the Monsoon Stock amp along with my MTX Terminator tn200/2 running a pair of Polk DB461's off my Pioneer AVH-5500BHS HU. Replacing the stock amp and SST's. The new Kenwood will run my new Infinity Kappa 693.11i's and my 60.11cs in some Q-Logics. I got it on refurb for $135 thanks for the input though.

Kenwood makes fine amps, don't pay any attention to what most on here will tell you about the brand. As with any brand, once you get past all the B.S. power numbers, if it's doing what you need it to do then you are just fine. As far as Kenwood goes I've been using their amps in some form or fashion longer than most on this board has been alive with absolutely ZERO issues. If you use the product in the fashion it was designed to be used then you'll be just fine. That generally is the reason for most equipment failure, is individuals trying to make products do what they weren't designed too. Price on the other hand is relative because everyone has their picks and choices of what they like and will or won't pay for or place a certain value on. It's all personal preference so use that whenever you make your choices....

Eh I been running a Kenwood 8105D to my MTX JH45's for almost 5 years and had no issues ....I' am running also pair of SoundStream SST6.9's off the Monsoon Stock amp along with my MTX Terminator tn200/2 running a pair of Polk DB461's off my Pioneer AVH-5500BHS HU. Replacing the stock amp and SST's. The new Kenwood will run my new Infinity Kappa 693.11i's and my 60.11cs in some Q-Logics. I got it on refurb for $135 thanks for the input though.
As stated..Enjoy..Just my opinion since ive been in car audio from 86-present.Yet,as stated.. What ever you are comfortable with and willing to pay for..Its your system.Im more of a Zed audio amp freak.Not much else impresses me

As stated..Enjoy..Just my opinion since ive been in car audio from 86-present.
Baun, I hope you didn't take my response as being directed towards you because in no way or fashion was it meant to be. I made that statement because there are a lot of people that will just post up "x brand is crap" and not give any definitive or logic based reasons as to why, just regurgitating something they heard someone else say. It's also nice to hear from another forum member that has been in this industry just as long as I have, 87' was the year I got lured in lol.....jeez we just aged ourselves.....

I'm a huge fan of Stephen myself and all of his products both old and new....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup I couldn't pass up the small footprint and the 100rms x4 at 2 ohms for $135. I also like that you can plug in two rca's and that will run all four channels which will allow me to run the 3 amps easier. I will have a total of three amps which is the max I want so. Still trying to find a 45 watt rms 150 peak 4 ohm 2 channel though. **** MTX is just freaking huge for 45/150. if I can find a smaller one I'll just sell the MTX

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.