Kenwood DDX7018BT Slow boot

Participant count
  • Participant list
Final update.

So I finally found time to take apart the dash and swap the yellow and red wires as per Dragon Breath suggested. Turns out this isn't the solution but something strange also happened at the same time. Swapped the wires, started it up and the initial first boot setup screen popped up, I set it up like before but instead of having unresponsive screen/buttons it was working right away. I was really excited as I thought this has fixed the slow boot. I put everything back together and the next couple times I drove the car it would go into the setup screen. It was at the point I knew it was wired incorrectly but with that being said the screen and buttons would function as soon as it loaded.

This drove me insane because now I have to pick my poison. Deal with the setup screen every time the head-unit starts but boot time is very short OR revert back to previous wiring setup with the slow boot but I do not have to deal with the initial first boot setup screen every single time.

I made my decision and went with the slow boot as that has me doing nothing except wait a minute or two to boot. I swapped the wires back to what I had originally and started it up but this time something is different. The damn thing now just works as it should. Boots up very quick and screen/button is responsive as soon as it is loaded up ( 20 - 25 seconds). It now for some unknown reason just works like normal, it is almost like the head-unit is working after I disconnected it and triggered a full reset.

I think this is the case of just try to turn it off and on again and see if it helps and it did. I has been a couple days and still working like it should. That's the good news, the bad new is now it feels like the speakers are in desperate need of an upgrade.
That is some pretty good news that you can accept the HU powering up the way it is. Not sure what size speakers you have, But assuming 6.5s are pretty common,and off HU power, I would recommend some Polk Audio DB series that can be found by searching on Ebay usually on a decent budget. they do really nice on HU power and will play a little lower than most speakers to get a little bass response. I like to use some Plastic Xscorpian Speaker baffles as well to help get a little bit more sound productivity out of them rather than the entire door card, and they will help slow down the corrosion on the backside of the speaker from moisture that enters the door cavity from rain/ect.. Great speakers. I have 2 sets of these that I like to use for testing on the bench, and a set of older that are carbon fiber Cone .All sound and do really well,and sound much better on at least 50 watts RMS amplifier

Amazon product ASIN B000P0NJPS
Amazon product ASIN B00FKH6H6Y

Audiobaun

Thank you for the suggestion.
I am looking at the Pioneer TS-A1680F, how does the Polk Audio DB651s compare? They are right now identical in pricing on Amazon right now.

Seems that the previous owner has a setup with a unknown brand 6.5" at the bottom and a 2" tweeter at the top with a crossover device. If I am looking to only just replace the 6.5" would I be able to keep the 2" tweeter at top with the crossover device. Basically would I run into problems if I just plug in a new 6.5" into my setup? Sorry I am new to the audio world.

Actually never mind, I did some research and turns out currently installed in my car is component speakers and what I was looking at is coaxial speakers. I think I will go for another set of component speakers because it is wired for it already and there is space for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...