kenwood ps 150

Participant count
  • Participant list
i have this old kenwood ps 150 that has been in the closet for a couple of years the other day i took it out to but un my brothers car to push 2 jl 12wo's but as soon as we turned the car on both the fuses blew. we tried it three times and every time we turned the key over they both blew. then i took my amp out of my car and hooked it up and it worked. i don't understand because it worked till the day i took it uot of my old car when i got my new amp. whats up with that!!!!!!!

You sure you didn't wire it wrong or have the amp grounded somewhere it shoudln't have been. The only thing I can think of that would cause that is reversing the power and ground wires.

Definately sounds like a wiring issue..

If you are blowing fuses- either the power or remote wire is shorting to the vehicle chasis some where. Take a look over your wiring for any possible places this may be happening.

Take it easy,

-zane

yea but if it was a wireing problem then why when i took my amp out of my car i hooked it up it worked i know that i did not cross positive and negative and i have a good ground any other possible causes????????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.