Kicker zX1000.1 actual power?

mine had 1305 watts on the birthsheet hah.. it depends on your alt though. my old T-bird had a 130amp stock and my fox body has a new 200amp alt so if your car has a decent one, the big 3 will be just fine. if its a super weak alty like those found on foreign compacts and older volvos, youll need an upgrade. you can get a ZX1000.1 off of here for about 200-240 bucks. i have one i can sell you for 240 if youd like. pm me if youre interested or something but if not, woofersetc.com and some ebay stores would be fine.

mine had 1305 watts on the birthsheet hah.. it depends on your alt though. my old T-bird had a 130amp stock and my fox body has a new 200amp alt so if your car has a decent one, the big 3 will be just fine. if its a super weak alty like those found on foreign compacts and older volvos, youll need an upgrade. you can get a ZX1000.1 off of here for about 200-240 bucks. i have one i can sell you for 240 if youd like. pm me if youre interested or something but if not, woofersetc.com and some ebay stores would be fine.
I drive a 97 Pontiac GTP, I think the stock alt is like 105amps. Do you guys think this will need to be replaced?

You might be able to get away with the Big 3 and an upgraded battery for the time being. I ran 750 watts RMS in my 1997 Civic off the stock alternator with a Kinetik HC1400 and had no problems. The stock alternator was 80 amps. Hell, I even ran 1,500 watts RMS for a while with the stock alternator, but I had to charge my battery every now and again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.