Know I'm fuc*en Pis*ed off!!!!

stealitall
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
easton,PA
I thought this **** was Going to be good!!! I been having nothing but trouble since I had them installed ( Rainbows Look below ). First I thought OK just maybe they did something wrong when they installed them so I thought mabey my new HU Im getting would fix what ever it was . At first I thought it was the old HU but its not the crossover has a safe guard in them so that if it gets to be to much Power it lowers the VOL . But the weird part is that I'm not even turning them up that loud. Second is that if you look at the pics the first one it happened a week ago and I just sent it out yesterday know today the same ****ing thing happened again no-less the same side just the front this time //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif . Man I want there 1800 # so I can call them and vent !!!!! And please no smart remarks Thanks!! And yes Gram-mer ***** you don't have to tell me Dam. There is always One or two out there that have to say something to get a post!!!!

Here is the first one.

Picture1.jpg

And the second one

Picture2.jpg

It looks like a clean snap. Funny thing its the same 1 as the other. looks like the glue came off it started to shake and guess it snapped. I got and STI So maybe the car is Ruff on them I mean the shocks are hard as hell!!!

A component came unglued and a lead/solder joint broke?

If it's not under warranty, just re-glue the component down and re-solder the joint.

Too bad that it happened, though.

Well I could but I would have to take it all apart. It's 2 parts inner and a shell that goes around it and you have to now how to take it apart with out snapping it. Yes its under warranty but just a pain in the ass to send it out and pay for shipping. And I'm lucky I got pissed of and I took the driver side doors apart and found the driver side was just cumin loose so I hot glued the ****er down be for it broke!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

What would possess you to mount a crossover in the door. It is one of the most volitale places to mount something other than the engine bay. Major vabrations, moisture, coupled with someone slamming the door just so can easily break a crossover. I feel for ya man b/c I had to learn the hard way too. Good luck and spend the extra 15 minutes to run the extra few feet of wire to find a better mounting location.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.