Konaki is back...

Their listing is all screwed up. They stated 15", then 12" then back to 15". Either way, a couple 12's would be fun to play with

dont they sound like cawk until you recone them with good softparts?
wrong, they sound fine. but this looks like the same place as before and they don't know how to ship. your basket might arrive cracked. for that price you might as well just get the HDC3 that this sub copies

wrong, they sound fine. but this looks like the same place as before and they don't know how to ship. your basket might arrive cracked. for that price you might as well just get the HDC3 that this sub copies
I thought it was the DD 95 G motor copy.

no the G motor is actually iirc 60oz heavier and is alot more different.
Are you sure? I remember the Sundown owner having lots of these motors and offering re-cones stating they were pretty much a 9500 copy. There was a thread he made a year or two ago with direct comparisons IIRC. Too bad the search function is broken.

Nope I was correct. It's a 9500 clone. I clearly remember the Sundown guy selling the Konaki motors.

Anybody know the differences between the konaki motor and the 9500 motor?
I know the konaki is not USA made so dont just say that lol.

Im looking for things like weight, flux, gap height, gap width, top and bottom plate thickness, slug thickness, slug diameter, anything else i forgot.
The difference is in the Pole OD and Top Plate ID.
The Konaki has a larger gap, therefore it has a lower gauss number in the gap. That's not such a bad thing though, as it can accept an 8 layer flatwound coil. It's sort of a trade-off. You get a coil that will handle more power, but takes more power to get the same end result.

The Konaki has pretty much the same cooling slots as the 9500 motor.

If I had a choice between the two, I'd take the Konaki.

The DD motor isnt made in the USA either BTW. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I also wonder how similar the HDC3 is to the two. IIRC the HDC3 has a larger gap than the 9500, so maybe it's a direct copy of the HDC3 like was stated earlier?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

illbmeubu

10+ year member
Rims older than he is...
illbmeubu
Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date