Can someone explain these port specs to me?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SpeedEuphoria
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BCM
Hey for a Diamond D6 15. the spec sheet says port dia/length 4"x11". Aparently the file is too big to attach so here's the link to view it

I assume the Fb=30 means its tuned for 30hz?

Are they saying to only use 1 single 4" round port? as it seems that everyone here says even for aero ports that 6-8 sq inches per cu ft

that would only be 12.5"square for a 3.0 cube box

Why doesnt this add up?

Can someone please shed some insight on this for me

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Company specs often leave a lot to be desired. You would be better off with more port area. Get a 6" areo port or make a slot port with more area.

Well after thoroughly remeasuring the trunk of my car I figure using the RE calculator that 29.5Wx16.5Hx17D will fit in the trunk opening. Prob going to take a router to all of the outside corners just to make sure(was planning on doing it to the port anyway)

Anyway that leaves me 3.014net cubes tuned to 31HZ and 2.5" port opening 10" leg along the back(L port box).

Should I tune it higher?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.