Korean Cars

If its going to be an import, its gotta come from japan. We mustve made them super smart when we dropped those nukes on them, they can make one hell of a small motor. However in general, i prefer american quality, not saying that its here anymore though. Thats why all my drivers are older than me.

7.7 mpg??? Is traffic that bad in SoCal? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
With commute for work and school, and extremely conservative driving, I average 28mpg.... which is right on mark with my EPA estimated combined MPG. Now when he's averaging 7.7mpg, that amazes me, cus that's about what I averaged in my old 5.8l V8 Bronco:p

If its going to be an import, its gotta come from japan. We mustve made them super smart when we dropped those nukes on them, they can make one hell of a small motor. However in general, i prefer american quality, not saying that its here anymore though. Thats why all my drivers are older than me.
Having driven or owned various Toyotas, Hondas, and Hyundais... I must say, the Hyundais beat out the other 2 in build quality, ride comfort, and basic features. I've driven Hondas and Toyotas over the various decades. As for Hyundai, the oldest I've experienced is my '09, and then a couple '11. So I can't deny Hyundai ****** in the past, but I think they're leaving Japan in their dust now.

i drive like a beast //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i was at morton's steakhouse last night and felt proud because all the valet guys were saying how nice my car looks and they had all kinds of mercedes, bmw and bentleys all over the place. the new genesis coupe is just different.

You realize Hyundai is part of GEMA with Mitsubishi (and formerly Chrysler), right ? The engines are primarily designed by former Mitsubishi engineers.

And their "smarts" didn't come from a nuke, it comes from years of government regulation (which forced innovation) as well as a culture which stresses a high degree of morality.

Anyways, I can't say I'm a fan of the Genesis. I was really interested in getting one, but on the test drive, you could really feel the weight in the corners. Hopefully the new Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ are better in that regard at a decent price. I'm still holding onto that sliver of hope that Nissan comes out with a new S-chassis car, but it has looked bleak for several years and I haven't read anything that has been encouraging in that regard.

You realize Hyundai is part of GEMA with Mitsubishi (and formerly Chrysler), right ? The engines are primarily designed by former Mitsubishi engineers.
And their "smarts" didn't come from a nuke, it comes from years of government regulation (which forced innovation) as well as a culture which stresses a high degree of morality.

Anyways, I can't say I'm a fan of the Genesis. I was really interested in getting one, but on the test drive, you could really feel the weight in the corners. Hopefully the new Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ are better in that regard at a decent price. I'm still holding onto that sliver of hope that Nissan comes out with a new S-chassis car, but it has looked bleak for several years and I haven't read anything that has been encouraging in that regard.
If I could afford a new car, I'd invest in an STi or the BRZ.

The new Veloster Turbo is looking nice. Haven't checked the specs on it but anything with a turbo is fun.

I have always wanted a STI. My friend used to have a 99 or 2000 2.5rs and that was a nice car. The BRZ looks nice too but haven't checked the specs on it either to see how it compares to the STI.

Haven't checked the specs on it but anything with a turbo is fun.
My personal favorite turbo vehicle:

CIMG5736-588x441.jpg

^^^ i couldnt do the fiat..

but i am starting to like hyundai "now" because the revamped their entire production.

everything from 03 under seems to have tons of issues...

they are nice cars nowadays.

Compared to honda, toyota, and hyundai, today i would put hyundai, toyota, honda.

their cars are simply good now. toyota is doing ok, but lack the Sporty side really.. and honda is riding on their name,.

their newer cars are starting to all look the same, and keep getting cheaper made..

ID love to drive a new genesis or tib,

they make my top 10 reasonables.

ae86 corolla hatch,

95 mr2 3sgte

96 supra 2jztge

08 tib

11 genesis turbo

11 wrx sti hatch

350z

isf 350

sc300

evo x

I actually just read in motor trend(?) today at work that the rumor is nissan is working on the S16 to combat the brz/frs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.