Last Fiero build log

Idk about all aluminium cones. Rockford' s p3 aluminum subs subs sound p*ss poor with sound quality. As long as its stiff enough and well made, subs with paper and poly cones are the subs that are winning the SQ lanes this past decade.

Holly? You don't even know the English language and you want to discredit me? Come back when you have a real argument.
You discredit yourself. Talking bad about parts the best woofers and speakers in the world use. Not just referring to DD.

I guess we should all use Kicker

I know JL has issues with the foam surrounds but that's the most I've seen. True if anything is exposed to the elements it will have issue.

Idk about all aluminium cones. Rockford' s p3 aluminum subs subs sound p*ss poor with sound quality. As long as its stiff enough and well made, subs with paper and poly cones are the subs that are winning the SQ lanes this past decade.
I agree the new P3's are peaky as hell. But you can't judge a material by one sub. I read and studied all about different speaker materials a long time ago and as far as i know we haven't had any breakthroughs or discovered any new elements... metal is still the stiffest. CF comes closest but still doesn't match the rigidity of metal. I'll have to look for what I read to enlighten you all on cone materials but paper is the cheapest by far(literally the cheapest cones you can get, it's paper for christ's sake), and doesn't come close to the rigidity of metal.

I've got no hard feelings towards him, and he at least promotes a good brand.
Is DD the best? That's debatable. I don't believe any one company is the best right now.

Do they make great products, and are they one of my favorites? Yes. I do believe so.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Good to have you back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Finally getting the wall done?
no not right now.

need to weld some quarters on, and floor.

i have already replaced both fender, core support, phantom grill ( looks sick ) .

have to do both rear quarters, driver side rocker panel.

also customizing the tail gate. put a recessed plate, welded all holes, shaved the lock/handle.

spent $1,2000 just in parts. and im not done.....

I agree the new P3's are peaky as hell. But you can't judge a material by one sub. I read and studied all about different speaker materials a long time ago and as far as i know we haven't had any breakthroughs or discovered any new elements... metal is still the stiffest. CF comes closest but still doesn't match the rigidity of metal. I'll have to look for what I read to enlighten you all on cone materials but paper is the cheapest by far(literally the cheapest cones you can get, it's paper for christ's sake), and doesn't come close to the rigidity of metal.
World record subs are paper, there are kevlar blends in the paper, some are stronger than aluminium. Research and development for cone material has advanced a great deal compared to the information you got back then.

You do know a paper cone is not like a sheet of paper.. Also Kevlar and Carbon Fiber is STRONGER AND LIGHTER than metal. I would put one of DDs non pressed made here in house paper cones against a **** fosgate. It looks like papers cones are stronger than RF metal by your very own pictures. They run very extreme SPL levels and come out just fine. I'll find something for you soon, I really hope you take a few minutes to read it.

It's all good lol. I like seeing people's progress, and it's a fiero so I'm always interested to see what he does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Same reason I keep coming to this thread I wanna see the innovation and extensive thought into building such low space vehicle... Mr2 or that x-90 the one guy posted on here about those would be interesting builds to see too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same reason I keep coming to this thread I wanna see the innovation and extensive thought into building such low space vehicle... Mr2 or that x-90 the one guy posted on here about those would be interesting builds to see too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X90 lol. Wow I want to see that build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.