LF Advice on buying new speakers and what not

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok thanks, So I think you're saying I would use 1 single 12" sub? I was planning on getting two.. But Thanks for keeping the budget small. Id like room to upgrade.
two JBL GT 5 12s Dual voice coil

Polk db 6501 comps and its matching rear coaxial(you can find it for your size)

and one ppi Phantom 4 channel to run it all.

two JBL GT 5 12s Dual voice coil
Polk db 6501 comps and its matching rear coaxial(you can find it for your size)

and one ppi Phantom 4 channel to run it all.
Ok sorry I'm a bit confused... So the Polk db 6501 comps is the two front speakers + tweeters and then the rear coaxial means that it's two other speakers for the rear doors. So in total 4 speakers two tweeters..?

Ok thanks, So I think you're saying I would use 1 single 12" sub? I was planning on getting two.. But Thanks for keeping the budget small. Id like room to upgrade.
best thing is, in the future, that 4 channel amp can be used for pure mids and highs when you decide to add a dedicated sub amp with beefier subs.

That 4 channel amp will be future proof basically because of how much power you are getting.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Ok sorry I'm a bit confused... So the Polk db 6501 comps is the two front speakers + tweeters and then the rear coaxial means that it's two other speakers for the rear doors. So in total 4 speakers two tweeters..?
yup

best thing is, in the future, that 4 channel amp can be used for pure mids and highs when you decide to add a dedicated sub amp with beefier subs.
That 4 channel amp will be future proof basically because of how much power you are getting.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

yup
So how big of a ***** will this all be to setup? My car is a Jeep 2000 grand cherokee with the infinity system which means that I have two tweeters above the dash and then an Amp under my back seat to power the speakers and tweeters. I'm hoping I don't have to run new wire....?

So how big of a ***** will this all be to setup? My car is a Jeep 2000 grand cherokee with the infinity system which means that I have two tweeters above the dash and then an Amp under my back seat to power the speakers and tweeters. I'm hoping I don't have to run new wire....?
Its a full on Install job wires and everything.

oh those are the coaxial version? I figured it was something different since it said liquid cooled silk tweeters. I also hope liquid cooled doesn't mean i have to do something with it..?

Sweet thanks, So just out of curiosity would this setup be pretty interchangeable for like If i got a new car? Not like i plan on getting a new car soon just want to know in case i find something or my car finally dies. I can't imagine it would be too hard to take this stuff out and put it in a new car?

Sweet thanks, So just out of curiosity would this setup be pretty interchangeable for like If i got a new car? Not like i plan on getting a new car soon just want to know in case i find something or my car finally dies. I can't imagine it would be too hard to take this stuff out and put it in a new car?
yeah you can easily take everything out and recycle. A lot easier than installing it actually.

Sweet!, I don't plan on exactly doing that but I really don't want it to be a living hell to move stuff to another car. Thanks a ton for your help I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy most of this stuff right now. Not sure if this is a good idea but since i can swing that much money right now I might buy just the subs, amp, and coaxial speakers since i already have working front's and then ill buy the front's later...? Can i run just subs and rears off the amp? or just subs for that matter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.