Lights get brighter when bass hits,

Participant count
  • Participant list

dev199505

CarAudio.com Elite
US
Currently running just a 130a alt and a basic battery with OFC sky high big 3 done, I noticed today on my way to work when the bass hits my lights actually get brighter and voltage raise, is this due to the ecm seeing the increased load and opening up the voltage regulator more or is something ready to go cuput?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Yeah that sounds about what's happening. A bit of lag from alt and over correcting. My old crappy alt did that. More batteries might help as well as bigger alt if you're 2000 watts or more. Defiantly bigger batt.

Yeah that sounds about what's happening. A bit of lag from alt and over correcting. My old crappy alt did that. More batteries might help as well as bigger alt if you're 2000 watts or more. Defiantly bigger batt.
Should I buy a new alt as well? Its a stock 130a off a ford tuarus had to modify the electrical

yeah they do. not too hard to replace, try this:

Simple Test:

If you want to see if your alternator is producing current, turn on your headlights when you're parked and the engine idling with the headlights shining on a wall (at night). Notice how bright they are. Then turn the engine off. The lights should get dimmer when you turn the engine off. If the lights get brighter when you kill the engine, the alternator was not charging sufficiently. When doing this test, the lights should be the only load (turn the stereo, a/c and other accessories off). With a heavy load, an otherwise good alternator may not be able to produce sufficient amounts of current at idle.

if it checks out id say its just lagging behind your bass

I know my lights dim when I shut off the engine so I know the alt is good

224432e85705bc4b6171927369ce40bb.jpg
temp amprack just need to drill a couple more holes for the wires

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.