Lights Still Dimming...

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigDrez
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
OK...I have not upgraded my Starting battery or got a back up battery for my system yet...However I do have an Iraggi 200 Amp Alternator and the Big 3 ran in 1/0 Awg stinger wire...my Amp is being ran at 2 ohms and the rated out put of my amp at 2 ohms is 2000 watts RMS at 13.8 volts...is it normal for my lights to still be dimming? I mean it isn't extremely bad...but it IS noticebale...I am upgrading batteries and getting a back up for my next upgrade but is it normal for them to still be dimming now?

Not sure, I have my big 3 ran in 1/0, 220 amp iraggi alt, optima yellow top, hc2400 and a gen xx-colossus which puts out more power than the xa3000d and I'm having no headlight dimming.

OK...I have not upgraded my Starting battery or got a back up battery for my system yet...However I do have an Iraggi 200 Amp Alternator and the Big 3 ran in 1/0 Awg stinger wire...my Amp is being ran at 2 ohms and the rated out put of my amp at 2 ohms is 2000 watts RMS at 13.8 volts...is it normal for my lights to still be dimming? I mean it isn't extremely bad...but it IS noticebale...I am upgrading batteries and getting a back up for my next upgrade but is it normal for them to still be dimming now?
Is it dimming when you are driving or is it at idle?

yea you have 2 extra batteries and a new starting battery...I haven't done that yet....all I have is the Big 3 and a 200 amp alternator...it dims now...I know it wont when I get a red top under the hood and a Kinetik HC 2400 in the back...I am wondering if it is normal for them to dim with just my big 3 and my HO alternator

yea you have 2 extra batteries and a new starting battery...I haven't done that yet....all I have is the Big 3 and a 200 amp alternator...it dims now...I know it wont when I get a red top under the hood and a Kinetik HC 2400 in the back...I am wondering if it is normal for them to dim with just my big 3 and my HO alternator

I have 1 extra battery

if my RPM's are 0-1100 it dims anything over it doesn't hardly if not at all...

alt may barely charge at idle. not enough to cover the current draw of the amp. upgrade you front battery at least and you should be good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.