Limited space for 2 12" Tantric MD's

negolien

CarAudio.com Elite
Running a ported now with two MTX JH45's on 500rms. Moving to two 12" MD's on 2200rms SQ2200D Singer 320 HO alt.

Pretty sure I' am not going to have enough room for a ported box max dimensions are about 32w 19d and 16 h taking into account wood width of build.

Thoughts on Sealed? Not really looking to hear it 5 miles away SQ is fine for me. I assume it will still get loud with those subs and 2200 rms. Current set up below

I bet if u shrink the height down to 15"u can gain another 6-8" inches from the depth ..have u mocked up with cardboard different sizes..that just seems really shallow..u would be suprised at what little tweaks will gain u space. My last box i shortened by half an inch and gain almost 4 inches of depth

Nope been pouring here so haven't been able to get any cardboard from work. I' will have to measure the distance from the current sub face to the trunk see how much clearance I have to work with. Amp u see sits up against the seat the seat is down in the picture it's a sedan. I can't go higher either the Kappas are only about an inch from the top of the box.

Nope been pouring here so haven't been able to get any cardboard from work. I' will have to measure the distance from the current sub face to the trunk see how much clearance I have to work with. Amp u see sits up against the seat the seat is down in the picture it's a sedan. I can't go higher either the Kappas are only about an inch from the top of the box.
U dont need to go higher u need to go lower than 16 to get extra depth..mock it up in cardboard

Lower isn't going to make any difference I can go 16 all the way to the end of the trunk. the depth is where I can get some more room but still going to have to leave some room for the excursion and air from any ports. Thinking the width will be the issue where will the port have room slotted in between speakers or front in general seams to small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lower isn't going to make any difference I can go 16 all the way to the end of the trunk. the depth is where I can get some more room but still going to have to leave some room for the excursion and air from any ports. Thinking the width will be the issue where will the port have room slotted in between speakers or front in general seams to small.
Less height will let u go deeper ..u wont be able to go as deep with a 16" high box ..thats why i said mock it up

theres plenty of room for a port between the subs with a 32" wide box ...this is my box and its 34 wide and has a 8 11/16" octo which is way more port than u will need for the mds
Looks great! What kind of finish did you put on the box? Bed liner? I can't tell if its glossy or flat from the picture though

LOL yeah looks can be deceiving I measured it with a tape measure. I'll have to measure the space between my woofers. Your port is 8 inches across but you box is only 2.25" wider than mine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.