LOC / Mono Block amp and Sub question

Participant count
  • Participant list

pghram1500

Hey all, I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Rebel with the non alpine stock system, so I do not currently have a sub installed. I am looking to install a single 12" sub with a mono block amp. I have been reading so much that I am confused on two parts if someone could please help me out. First for my LOC, do I need just a normal decent brand LOC. I keep reading about the Audio control LC2i. Sounds like a great unit but do I really need that for just a mono amp going to a single sub. This is an expensive truck so I do not want any feedback or noise on the line. Secondly can I hook into my rear door speakers with the LOC instead of behind the head unit. Seems to be people on both side of the fence on this. Finally if I do hook into the rear door speakers, do I have to do both or can I just hook into one? Second part of that question if I do just hook into one on the LOC do I tie the right and left together and hook to the one door speaker or just cap off whatever side I do not use. Thanks for any replies. Really want to get this going but need some assistance first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.