LogiMod Log

Participant count
  • Participant list

IDSkoT
5,000+ posts

Resonating Reticular
I have the Logitech Z-5300 system. It's a 5.1 system with a remote, giving 32.25W x 4 @ 8 ohms (For two fronts, two rears), and 35W x 1 @ 8 ohm (center channel) with about 100 W RMS x 1, I couldn't find out what resistance it is, since I have no broken it down, yet. I only took one of the speakers apart to get the resistances and what not.

However, I found this... and was quite pleased:

When I first saw these, I wondered how they tuned them... I could never really tell.

DSCF0239.jpg

Then I took it apart... and said, "That's a short port... Must be tuned hi--"

DSCF0242.jpg

DSCF0241.jpg

WHAAT?!

More pictures to come when I get money. I'm going to rebuild the enclosures for all 6 speakers. We'll see what I can do. ^-^

(BTW, I'm rebuilding them not because hte original enclosures were of poor quality... they're just aimed all wrong for what I use them for. They're aimed slightly up, when I sit level with their base.)

A quick update on what I'd like the enclosures to look like. I'm thinking about having that 1/16th gap and have an LED hooked up so that they gently light up as the sub hits, and get brighter as the sub gets louder. I'll either do that, or just have a nice low LED on all the time. Either way, if I do stick with the LED idea, I'm going to put a switch so I can turn them off.

Here's the central channel:

CentralChanel.jpg

And ISO view:

CentralChanelISO.jpg

And the other satellites will look exactly the same, except for the placement of the line.

Satellites.jpg

ISO view:

SatellitesISO.jpg

I think the construction will be out of 1/4" wood. I'm not sure which, but as you can tell, I want to stain it, and have a sort of baffle to cover the outer part of the speaker so it only shows the surround / cone.

The speakers aren't supposed to look real //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif, I just needed the dimensions, and I did that real quick. Don't be critical over ish I don't care about plz.

Seems like a lot of work for that, but hope it turns out good, are you redoing the sub?

you said your changing the angle, are you looking for better sound or what? just dont see how good a sound you can get out of 1 ~3" playing pretty much full range

have the same system for my comp and want to redo the sub bad. mine sounds like straight ass and bottoms out all the time on a medium setting. if you do redo the sub, take some pics so i can an idea of how to go about it.

i never was a fan of those logitech ones, subs sounded too boomy, and other speakers didnt sound too good either imo, i have the klipsch 2.1 setup and dont have really anything to complain about for what they were made for besides the sub dosent go super low, but its only a 6.5 so ill deal with it

might be cool to grab some cheap speakers from PE and make a nice 2way from tang band speakers

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-818

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-828

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-822

Seems like a lot of work for that, but hope it turns out good, are you redoing the sub?
you said your changing the angle, are you looking for better sound or what? just dont see how good a sound you can get out of 1 ~3" playing pretty much full range
Well, how they're set up now, they're angled up by like 10 degrees over my ear. So, I'm making them so that they fire straight at my ear. The gain will be slight... it's mostly for aesthetics, honestly... and to do it. These pods are ugly and don't go with my set-up at all.

As for the sub, I'm thinking about re-doing it. I'm not sure. If I do, I will keep the other one just incase. As it is now, my sub sounds great.

have the same system for my comp and want to redo the sub bad. mine sounds like straight ass and bottoms out all the time on a medium setting. if you do redo the sub, take some pics so i can an idea of how to go about it.
Well, mine is inbetween my closet walls, so there's a lot of pressure. Mine never bottoms out... and I have to turn my sub down ALL THE WAY with an EQ on my PC with the lows down or else the bass overpowers it.

But, if your sub doesn't sound good, reposition it. Try to get the tube 2" or so from the wall, and it will sound a lot better.

So, I looked at my sub, and I have no idea how to take it apart. I think it's glued together, but I'm not sure. So, when I get the money, I'm gunna go at it with a chisel and hammer... unless someone else knows a better way to do it...?

youre a ****en retard
edit- you are a FUKKEN RETARD
That wasn't to me, right? Heh

nice out of focus pictures.
HEY! Watch your lip. I didn't feel like setting up my camera and what nots... and the last person that used it had it on a weird setting. You get the gist...

And to whoever was saying something about the speakers...

They're all TB speakers anyway. But I was thinking about making it into a 2 or 3 way system. But, meh. Maybe later.

no to OP with his fukken retarded sorround sound subwoofer or whatever the fuk he is trying to do idea
I'm rebuilding the enclosures for my mid-range and subwoofer...

How is that retarded? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.