Looking at components

this is generally because the users tend to send 200watts to the component sets. This is mostly due to the fact that the mids can take the power, just not the tweets
unlikely that people generally have 200W RMS to give to speakers - that is a rare occasion and in very short duration. they may have amps with 200W in print somewhere but we know they aren't going to see that power.

improper gain settings, excessive eq boosts, and high volume with audible distortion (i.e. high power clipping) usually results in blown speakers/tweeters. the loudest parts of the recording aren't always bass notes.

but in general, i agree that "overpowering" cheap tweeters is common. i just disagree with your common power output choice. semantics. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.