Looking for 6.5 midbasses in dual 2ohm or single 1ohm load....any exist?

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
odd request...but are there any half way decent 6.5in midbasses out there that can take a clean 200w rms, and can give me a final load of 1 ohm per ch? just one speaker per side, 1ohm load each......

am i asking too much lol?

EDIT:

I'm exploring the idea of widening the hole on my door pods to fit an 8in woofer. That beign said I'm also lookig fo suggestions on 8's that will run grat off 200wrms, small sealed, 80hz ish - 600hz ish.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
The ID CX62 2 ohm woofers are for sale on ebay and DIYMA on any given day. down to $150 now.
a 6.5" subwoofer may be available in dual 2 ohm...that is probably what you need to focus your search on.
thats what i was thinking...i think eD had one....

question is...will a 6.5 "subwoofer" run 90hz up to say 600hz?.....and this'll be in a sealed pod....

CDT is coming out (in a week or two) with a new dual 2ohm 6.5" subs..........

CDT HD Series Subwoofers

The HD-series, cast frame subs are one of the most versatile subwoofers on the market!! These subwoofers were designed to balance sound quality with the output of a sound pressure level subwoofer. Available in dual 2ohm voice coil.

NEW PRODUCT!!! CDT HD-6MSUB 6.5" SVC Subwoofer

**Sale Price: $155.99/pair

100Watts RMS

200Watts Peak Power

Cast Frame

Spring Loaded Push Terminals

10-1000Hz

CDT Audio Subwoofers

CDT is coming out (in a week or two) with a new dual 2ohm 6.5" subs..........

CDT HD Series Subwoofers

The HD-series, cast frame subs are one of the most versatile subwoofers on the market!! These subwoofers were designed to balance sound quality with the output of a sound pressure level subwoofer. Available in dual 2ohm voice coil.

NEW PRODUCT!!! CDT HD-6MSUB 6.5" SVC Subwoofer

**Sale Price: $155.99/pair

100Watts RMS

200Watts Peak Power

Cast Frame

Spring Loaded Push Terminals

10-1000Hz

CDT Audio Subwoofers
good find rich.....there is ur winner

that definitly looks like a winner.....

might be putting my illusions back up for sale...

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Why are people suggesting single 2ohm drivers like the xxx's, when he wants dual 2's or single 1's?
i feel the same way lol

Instead of trying to find a 1ohm midbass...why don't you look for those impedance matching autoformers like a Stinger Accumatch? Those things are kinda cool and should be easier to find than DVC 2ohm midbass drivers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.