looking for 6x9's

06Silver93
10+ year member

I'm looking for a good pair of 6x9 speakers for my car. I currently have 4" speakers in there right now; they're weak and offer zero midbass. My car came with pre-cut 6x9 openings which makes the upgrade easy.I've looked at component 6x9's but was wondering if they're worth it. Or is it better just to get a good set of coaxials. I have 6.5 Type-R comps in the front and 12" 12w1 sub. The 6x9's would be getting 90 watts rms. I'm looking at the CDT, MB Quart Reference Series in terms of components. Haven't looked in to the coaxials

If you're interested in buying from here, I have some for sale. I have some brand new in box, Boston Acoustics FX93's. I'd like to get $60 + shipping. WoofersEct. has them for $103 + shipping. PM me if you're interested in buying from the forum.

Might be better to disconnect the rears and upgrade the front comps, and try running a lower high pass setting, such as 60Hz instead of the typical 80Hz, to get more midbass. I don't recommend rear fill speakers... that's an OEM thing... unless you are feeding the rears a rear surround sound signal... it will only hurt your front sound stage and imaging.

What kind of amp and head unit do you have, what are the on-board high-pass crossover specs on them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.