Looking for a 3way advice

Myster
10+ year member

I am working on upgrading the factory system in the Scion xB, and am looking for a great passive 3-way setup. I wondering what passive setup people have had the best luck and would recommend? I still need to get an amp to power...

-Sean

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Rainbow SLC 365s...there was a set in the classifieds. Great 1st 3way set. After that, you'll want to go active if you are the contstant upgrader type.

pm 6spdcoupe if you want to buy them authorized.

I keep hearing people talk about Rainbow, I have just never been able to hear a set.Sound wise they would make me smile everytime I had music playing?! Quality wise, how would Rainbow compare to the CDT's/MBQ/Diamonds?

Im not much of an audio upgrader, I like to "set it and forget it"!

-Sean

i personally got a pair of cdt hd-642 when premier was clearing out his cdt stock of their products, got them fast and look good, warrenty too. Very easy to understand and from looks of it, id say it going to sound quite nice. Put kicks with mid's and tweets and woofers in door, and you have your self a very nice passive set as long as you do a good install

Mike

CDT HD-642 is a very good set of components. Need a good amt of power and the larger driver needs to be mounted in a well deadened door. I would say though get the HD-642/M6.

i'm trying my hand at a custom 3-way setup with partsxpress's in-house custom passive crossovers

don't know how they're gonna sound, might end up having to go active, but it's something to look into

I keep hearing people talk about Rainbow, I have just never been able to hear a set.Sound wise they would make me smile everytime I had music playing?! Quality wise, how would Rainbow compare to the CDT's/MBQ/Diamonds?
Im not much of an audio upgrader, I like to "set it and forget it"!

-Sean

Quality wise they don't compare to Rainbows. my opinion they don't really compare sound wise either but I may be bias. My wife has an XB as well I am running the Dyn system 342 in it with Dyn mw 182's for subs with an Audison LRx 6.9 and that thing rocks to no end. it took 3 rd at World finals in the into class. I am very happy with the Dyn's you won't want to upgrade.

install's the most important thing

a lot of peoples aftermarket speaker installs honestly sound worse than their factory speakers, because they don't take the time to install them properly.

they "sound" better because they have better tweeters, but the factory woofers produced more bass because they were designed to work in a dipole install, which is pretty useless for any kind of high powered speaker you're going to replace them with

i'd focus on getting something that's GOOD ENOUGH, and finding a good place to get them put in, or better yet, buying the materials to do it yourself

no amount of $$ is going to make up for a bad install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.