Looking for a decent sub amp around 1200-1500 watts @1 ohm

Talk to CSCStang and get a proper ported box designed for the SA. I don't think sealed is doing it justice, cheaper to try that first than buying a new sub and amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running the new XTR2500 and it's a bad little amp. Look up the dyno videos on YouTube.

First few runs against the FSD3800 it was down by .1 as gramp said. But after setting the amp again and some box movement it gained .3 over the Orion.

Hopefully I can clamp them both this week hand give some real world numbers.

I have the XTR1000.1 and XTR1500.1D, both are bad *** amps for cheap money. Decided to run a XTR1000.4 as well for my highs, sounds better than in total then DD d5.1000 amp they replaced.

I'm really liking what MD Audio is doing with the brand. DEI was just letting Orion rot....

I have the XTR1000.1 and XTR1500.1D, both are bad *** amps for cheap money. Decided to run a XTR1000.4 as well for my highs, sounds better than in total then DD d5.1000 amp they replaced.
I'm really liking what MD Audio is doing with the brand. DEI was just letting Orion rot....
I personally think that they should do a throwback line, recreate some of the old glory

I was considering doing the giant HCCA 4 channel and a big mono. Headroom for years. But I'm still not convinced. I'm pretty sure they are keeping the price down by using VERY outdated boards. In my 36 years I've never seen Orion be cheap. There's something getting cut somewhere.

I was considering doing the giant HCCA 4 channel and a big mono. Headroom for years. But I'm still not convinced. I'm pretty sure they are keeping the price down by using VERY outdated boards. In my 36 years I've never seen Orion be cheap. There's something getting cut somewhere.
dont worry next year they'll release garbage again since their "reputation" improved this year, that means they get to pump out junk bullsh*T for 3-5 more years cashing in before doing something good/redeeming again.

dont worry next year they'll release garbage again since their "reputation" improved this year, that means they get to pump out junk bullsh*T for 3-5 more years cashing in before doing something good/redeeming again.
such a sad fate for a great name. Why hasnt anyone suggested the CAB 1500 yet btw?

very fair point sir LOL its hard to fathom a decent 1600 watts for $200!! Hell, youre gonna need around half again the cost of the amp for power wire to run it LOL!!
Yeah... they ARE power hungry. That CAB wire is really cheap... but it's CCA and VERY difficult to work with, When I stripped the insulation off to connect it up... the dam wire just went crazy and resembled Don King on a bad hair day. No amount of savings is worth what I went through to use it!

Yeah... they ARE power hungry. That CAB wire is really cheap... but it's CCA and VERY difficult to work with, When I stripped the insulation off to connect it up... the dam wire just went crazy and resembled Don King on a bad hair day. No amount of savings is worth what I went through to use it!
Oh man, if I've learned anything even from day 1 back in the 90s, its ofc or don't even bother

I've had CCA and wasn't difficult to work with....? Anywho, when do ya plan to switch over to OFC? Shoulda done that in the beginning to begin with.

I've had CCA and wasn't difficult to work with....? Anywhow, when do ya plan to switch over to OFC? Shoulda done that in the beginning to begin with.
Have you used CAB CCA?.. Prior to this build I used several budget types without any problems. This time however... Thank god I only used it for straight runs under the car!.. Hey I love the CAB amp for sure... but their 0ga CCA 50ft roll was inflexible, lumpy and DON KING!.. lesson learned!.. next year I'll have about 40 ft of free 0 ga to give away!.. LOL!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.