Looking for a head unit that can have illumination completely turned off

like the title says, im looking for a head that can have all lighting turned off. ideally with a simple press of a button. something very dimmable would work too i guess.
does this exist?
Any of the older pioneer decks that use the illumination wire.

When grounded out it will turn all lights off so you could add a switch.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

When it's dark I like to be able to see.

Why in the world would anyone have a "pitch black" HU with lights on it completely off is beyond me.

Why in the world would anyone have a "pitch black" HU with lights on it completely off is beyond me.
The times I've had the option it was only dark until you interacted with the unit, or it was quickly toggled so the screen came on. If you have to drive long hours after sundown it's safer to have the ability to further darken the interior for better night vision.

My pioneer deh 8300 does that as well. Don't get one though because my display screen changes from blue words on a black background to black words on a blue background every like 30 seconds or so, it drives me nuts.

c8ce2b56b7ca49c63b74f3f6fee588bd.jpg

That's in a dark car

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.