Looking for a new 12" Daily Driver Sealed 600-1200W RMS for <= $150

aarunt1
10+ year member

:D
My 12" SI Mag is pretty beat up. In the market for a new SQL sub. I don't feel like building a new box so it has to go in my 1.25 cu ft. sealed box (can stuff with polyfill if need be). Amp is a JBL BP1200.1 so I can do 1200W RMS at 1 or 2 ohms, 600W RMS at 4 ohms and am assuming 300W RMS at 8 ohms. Don't got much cash right now so only looking to spend up to $150 shipped.

Subs I've been looking at:

Audioque SDC2.5

RE SE/SEx (if can be found for $150)

Alpine Type-R

PPI Pro/DCX

Incriminator 187 (300W @ 8 ohms)

Been out of the sub game for awhile since I was happy with my SI Mag so I don't really know all the new companies that might have popped up with budget subs. I just read about Audioque and they seem good from what I read and fit the budget.

If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know!!

Also, if anyone is selling anything at a good price or knows of a good deal let me know.

Thanks!

What's wrong with the Mag? All of those choices would be a downgrade IMO. Like the guy above me mentioned. I'd find a used Fi Q. Although the RE SE would probably be ok in that box.

The Mag is pretty effed up. The triple joint had been torn before. I should have got it reconed but I just glued it instead. It has held ever since and it was fine in the trunk of my old car since the bass is somewhat muffled by the back seats but ever since I have moved it to the cabin I noticed it distorts a lot. It's really annoying listening to it distort. I have contacted Nick hoping he can still recone it but I doubt he can if he's not selling Mags at all anymore.

The Mag is pretty effed up. The triple joint had been torn before. I should have got it reconed but I just glued it instead. It has held ever since and it was fine in the trunk of my old car since the bass is somewhat muffled by the back seats but ever since I have moved it to the cabin I noticed it distorts a lot. It's really annoying listening to it distort. I have contacted Nick hoping he can still recone it but I doubt he can if he's not selling Mags at all anymore.
Do you want to sell it? Lots of people can re-cone it. If I'm not mistaken, the claw mags are TC9 motor based. It shouldn't be hard to find a re-cone kit.

If I get another sub I'll for sure sell it. How much you think I could get for it? I also looked into reconing myself. I suppose I could pull it off but wouldn't using a different recone kit change all the parameters? I could get a HCCA kit or possibly another TC-based kit right? There's TC parts on eBay too. Fi also makes various recone kits for under $100 as well so maybe I'll see how much they can make me one for. What do you think?

How much are DC lvl 3s? And could I buy one online? Don't wanna drive to a shop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.