Looking for a new sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

West

Banned
I want to thank Prowler573 for his reply on dual 4 ohm subs.

My amp is an MCC302

150w @ 4 ohm

300w @ 2 ohm

bridgeable to 600w @ 4 ohm

What would be a decent sound quality sub(s) to use with this. Right now I am running a dual 4 ohm type R in series and needless to say the base isn't very punchy, but surprisingly sounds pretty decent.

Would I get more "punch" running 2 - 300W subs @ 2 ohms or one 600W sub @ 4 ohms?

As always I appreciate your input guys.

My amp is an MCC302

150w @ 4 ohm

300w @ 2 ohm

What would be a decent sound quality sub(s) to use with this. Right now I am running a dual 4 ohm type R in series and needless to say the base isn't very punchy, but surprisingly sounds pretty decent.

Would I get more "punch" running 2 - 300W subs @ 2 ohms or one 600W sub @ 4 ohms?

Not sure what size sub you are running, but i prefer a pair of Tens @2ohms sound good to me, rather than a single sub..such as these..Dayton Audio RSS265HF-4 10" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm 295-460

My amp is an MCC302

150w @ 4 ohm

300w @ 2 ohm

Are you sealed or vented right now? with the wattage you have on tap, I would recommend 2 of the largest and most efficient subs that will fit your application vented @ 300w ea./2ohm because I like cubic inches.. lol...but really, aside from what can be done enclosure wise (space, tuning, etc.) , the results should be the same, whether it is a doubling of cone area or doubling of power...(but don't quote me on that, I think it's all in the box) The amp channels will see a 2ohm impedance either way.

Are you sealed or vented right now? with the wattage you have on tap, I would recommend 2 of the largest and most efficient subs that will fit your application vented @ 300w ea./2ohm because I like cubic inches.. lol...but really, aside from what can be done enclosure wise (space, tuning, etc.) , the results should be the same, whether it is a doubling of cone area or doubling of power...(but don't quote me on that, I think it's all in the box) The amp channels will see a 2ohm impedance either way.
I have a sealed box atm. Any specific models you would recommend? Any good places for custom box? Sorry for all the questions

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.