Looking for a sound quality subwoofer

BASS BOI
10+ year member

Missouri
OK so i'm looking for 2 10's that have great sound quality. I'm going to be putting them in a 3cuft box powered by a cresendo bc 3500. I have been looking at ssa xcon 10's and tantric hd 10's. Have you guys had any experience with these woofers?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't consider Sundown's X line a SQ-centered line. SA-10s are great, but at near 1800w/sub you're probably going to be looking for something with a better coil. HDs, however, would take that power phenomenally, and I've heard great things regarding their SPL and SQ capabilities. But keep searching your options, the Q wold also do very well on that power.

Only thing that worries me is the 2.5 cca voice coil and I don't think they can handle a bc 3500.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I really wanted to get two fully loaded q 10's but I've heard far to many times they don't get loud enough.

Only thing that worries me is the 2.5 cca voice coil and I don't think they can handle a bc 3500.
The BC3500 will probably put out a little more than 3900w. Assuming you're going to stick to running a pair, neither of said options would have a problem handling 2000w per in a proper enclosure. Both the Q and the HD have 3" coils.

I really wanted to get to fully loaded q 10's but I've heard far to many times they don't get loud enough.
It's all about the install, man. While a driver will be limited by it's own capabilities, Fi Qs have impressed me in the past. You should contact a box designer and let them know what your priorities are. But if you are looking for more SPL, you can't go wrong with the HD.

Xcon gets my vote for sq or an fi Q would be nice and he is right it's all in the install/box
I don't have personal experience with SSA, but it's definitely a great product, and would take the power nicely as well. I'd start looking for gear and see what you can get the best price on, because you can't go wrong with any of these drivers.

you'd want subs that have shorting rings on it for better frequency response, after that its all about the install. Hint Xcons have shorting rings cough* nuthuggery alert cough*
How does your zcon do sq wise in a 4th order? Does it keep up with fast kick drum bass?

How does your zcon do sq wise in a 4th order? Does it keep up with fast kick drum bass?
i listen to a lot of metal and yeah it keeps up real well. Design of the box is a large factor though, you'd want to have just the right amount of airspace so the excursion is controlled.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.