Looking for pre-amp signle to tap into on 2015 Silverado with Bose

I have a 2015 2500HD Silverado with the Bose system and the factory sub was terrible.

I cut the wire at the Bose sub and redirected to an AudioControl LC2i that then sends through RCA to a Focal 900.1 (TERRIBLE amp but gave it a try) output to a single Fi SSD 12.

The problem I found is that the signal is a mess because it's tuned to that Bose sub. Biggest complaint is a subsonic filter set at about 33Hz. It drives me insane.

I looked up Kickers vehicle specific sub install for my truck and they tap into the front left door speaker before the wires enter the door. I contacted Kicker and they said that they set their subsonic filter to 25Hz. Makes me think that the front door speakers are protected by a passive filter and that this may be a good place to tap in but I would still suspect this to be a tuned signal and I don't want that.

Does anyone know where I can tap into the stock system for a clean sub signal?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2015 2500HD Silverado with the Bose system and the factory sub was terrible.
I cut the wire at the Bose sub and redirected to an AudioControl LC2i that then sends through RCA to a Focal 900.1 (TERRIBLE amp but gave it a try) output to a single Fi SSD 12.

The problem I found is that the signal is a mess because it's tuned to that Bose sub. Biggest complaint is a LPF at about 33Hz. It drives me insane.

I looked up Kickers vehicle specific sub install for my truck and they tap into the front left door speaker before the wires enter the door. I contacted Kicker and they said that they set their LPF to 25Hz. Makes me think that the front door speakers are protected by a passive LPF and that this may be a good place to tap in but I would still suspect this to be a tuned signal and I don't want that.

Does anyone know where I can tap into the stock system for a clean sub signal?

Thanks for the help!
sure u don't mean hpf

I’m using a sealed box behind the center console but I want a unmodified signal sent to the amp. The signal from the Bose amp has a roll off at low frequency that produces a lot of holes in the music.

I’m using a sealed box behind the center console but I want a unmodified signal sent to the amp. The signal from the Bose amp has a roll off at low frequency that produces a lot of holes in the music.
What kind of music do you listen to?

No clue where to tap in for a good signal on a Silverado, but if you are truly looking for a pre-amp signal then the answer is: Find your factory amplifier, assuming it is a separate unit from the stereo, and tap the signal input wires going to that.

I should also mention that if your factory stereo is applying any EQ to the signal, then even the pre amp signal may be questionable. An expert will chime in on this matter I'm sure.

You might consider giving up on the whole idea and using something like this product which is specifically designed to remove crazy factory EQ settings from speaker level signal. I'm not saying you should use that specific one, just observing that they exist, and that they solve your problem.

i get what u are saying but idk that a sealed box would play much below 40hz anyway..

Best pre amp signal is straight from the headunit before it hit the bose amp located under the dash of driver side.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

how low do u think a small sealed box plays? i did have 35hz ss on sealed box turned it down and it did help some but sealed don't play as deep thats y many peeps get ported right?
Sealed will play down to 0.

Cabin gain fool.

With ported you can tune a bump into the low end. It’s not playing lower, it’s playing louder around port tuning. Sealed will play lower.

how low do u think a small sealed box plays? i did have 35hz ss on sealed box turned it down and it did help some but sealed don't play as deep thats y many peeps get ported right?
A sealed box can play as low as ported and high..
Difference in sealed and port is a sealed is meant for a flat response with better accuracy.

It wont be as loud as a ported box in the lows, but ti plays them no issue.

A sealed box can play as low as ported and high..
Difference in sealed and port is a sealed is meant for a flat response with better accuracy.

It wont be as loud as a ported box in the lows, but ti plays them no issue.

It’s a shame that has to be explained at this point. He’s the one advising most people on here. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of music do you listen to?
No clue where to tap in for a good signal on a Silverado, but if you are truly looking for a pre-amp signal then the answer is: Find your factory amplifier, assuming it is a separate unit from the stereo, and tap the signal input wires going to that.

I should also mention that if your factory stereo is applying any EQ to the signal, then even the pre amp signal may be questionable. An expert will chime in on this matter I'm sure.

You might consider giving up on the whole idea and using something like this product which is specifically designed to remove crazy factory EQ settings from speaker level signal. I'm not saying you should use that specific one, just observing that they exist, and that they solve your problem.
Thanks, I have the AudioControl but that Jl processor is certainly on another level. It looks like a good option.

Also, I had thought about tapping into there factory amp input as well but had the same concerns so I thought I’d jump in here to see if anyone else had experience with this.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.