Looking for some decent 6.5 speakers for 150 or less. Can you help me find?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Weeznur32
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Seattle
I'm installing some 6.5" speakers in my brothers car. Don't need them to be the best things in the world but he listens to his music loud so they will need to hold up. They will be seeing 40rms from an alpine 4 channel.

I've looked at many sites for some decent ones but just don't know what to look for. Can anyone give me some suggestions. 150 is pretty much my max budget but cheaper is better. Im open to used as well...components or coaxles work.

Thanks in advance.

Boston Acoustics SE or SC series (best midrange in this list, some ppl find BA tweeters bright, I love them.)

JL C2s'(nice detailed tweeters,very smooth, but set is too "laid back" for some ppl)

Pioneer D Series ( best midbass in this list, smooth tweet, but take some EQ work around 2.5khz to tame a peak)

Those are ones I have experience with in the range. The Boston SEs are VERY efficient btw. Don't count the Pioneers out because it's Pioneer either, they are some very nice comps for the money and the midbass is very strong!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.