looking into an alarm

iceteebone
5,000+ posts

Banned
Michigan
i really know nothing about alarms. with all the **** i'm gonna be installing, i think i need one. i have a factory alarm from gm but it doesn't seem to work, atleast i have not been able to set it off so i have come to the conclusion that it *****. i don't know what to look for in an alarm. i don't want to pay alot. i'm trying to see if i can buy one online and have a shop install it. i live in a good area where theft is no big thing. , but still need something. i hear viper makes good alarms. if somebody could tell me who makes good alarms and what features to look for and what there purpose is, that would be greatly appreciated.

Dude, don't buy it online. I've said it many times.

Our store policy, and I'm sure that most shops share the same policy, is that if an alarm is purchased anywhere else but our shop, we do not hold any sort of warranty whatsoever on the installation. And, the manufacturer will not uphold their warranty if purchased unauthorized. Alarms are just one thing that I feel should be purchased and installed from the same place.

Are you looking for just an alarm, or would you like an alarm/remote start, perhaps keyless entry as well?

Dude, don't buy it online. I've said it many times.
Our store policy, and I'm sure that most shops share the same policy, is that if an alarm is purchased anywhere else but our shop, we do not hold any sort of warranty whatsoever on the installation. And, the manufacturer will not uphold their warranty if purchased unauthorized. Alarms are just one thing that I feel should be purchased and installed from the same place.

Are you looking for just an alarm, or would you like an alarm/remote start, perhaps keyless entry as well?

well keyless entry would be nice but doesn't have to be remote start.

I highly reccomend Prestiege alarms. Some will reccomend Vipers, and other DEI products, but I have had a Prestiege in my car for about 4 months now, and have not had a single problem. My brother uses a Viper, and had to have it replaced after about 7 months, (under warrenty, but it was a pain in the ass,) something shorted in the brain that was irriplacable...

I highly reccomend Prestiege alarms. Some will reccomend Vipers, and other DEI products, but I have had a Prestiege in my car for about 4 months now, and have not had a single problem. My brother uses a Viper, and had to have it replaced after about 7 months, (under warrenty, but it was a pain in the ass,) something shorted in the brain that was irriplacable...
Just about any alarm can be effective- personally, the quality of the install is more important then the product when it comes to alarms IMO.

I work with DEI alarms so I'd recommend them. I'd look into something like the Viper 350/Python 460HP.

Just about any alarm can be effective- personally, the quality of the install is more important then the product when it comes to alarms IMO.
I work with DEI alarms so I'd recommend them. I'd look into something like the Viper 350/Python 460HP.

the shop near me sells dei alarms. never had any work done by them, but they are like a chain like best buy, but that still doesn't mean anything. they also price match so i still want to find one online cheap and get them to price match the unit, and then pay for install. are those pretty decent? i don't want something to cheap because i go down in the city alot. how much do those run at your store?

the shop near me sells dei alarms. never had any work done by them, but they are like a chain like best buy, but that still doesn't mean anything. they also price match so i still want to find one online cheap and get them to price match the unit, and then pay for install. are those pretty decent? i don't want something to cheap because i go down in the city alot. how much do those run at your store?
We do the Python 460HP for $200 installed. Might want to look into the Python 700- it's a 2 way alarm and we sell it for $300 installed.

Well a 2 way system will monitor your alarm and alert you of anything VIA your pager. Say your alarm goes off, or a door is triggered, you will be notified on the pager included with the system.

Well a 2 way system will monitor your alarm and alert you of anything VIA your pager. Say your alarm goes off, or a door is triggered, you will be notified on the pager included with the system.

no ****, that sounds pretty interesting. so this is the one then? http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Python-700-LED-2-Way-Security-System-PYTHON700-/sem/rpsm/oid/119441/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do so when someone fucks with my car that little deal will page me? what else does it do? i feel like a kid with a new toy. i would set the **** thing off just to hear the pager.

i think i'll go with that python then. what ***** is the nearest circuit city is 60 miles away. the local place isn't authorized directed retailers, but they do warranty them through themselves. i guess i'm better off getting it done at circuit city?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.