Looking to Get a New Car. Ideas?

I find it odd that you're turning to a car audio forum to help pick your next car...
Well considering, in the post I was listing the things I wanted the car to have, easy Alt location, rear folding seats, I also figured ppl would chime in and give their input on how the cars perform with a system, also their knowledge on the reliability. I know not all are the same but it gives a good idea. I also stated that I do compete( from time to time).

Go the responsible route. Keep your current car for just a bit longer and save up some cash for a better ride. It will pay off in the long run. Then, keep that car for as long as you possible can, stick what would have been a car payment into savings for the next car.
I already have one nice vehicle. This is just going to be another daily. The other vehicle I have is a Trailblazer

Well considering, in the post I was listing the things I wanted the car to have, easy Alt location, rear folding seats, I also figured ppl would chime in and give their input on how the cars perform with a system, also their knowledge on the reliability. I know not all are the same but it gives a good idea. I also stated that I do compete( from time to time).
Fair enough

I've had an '02 Toyota Camry and now '06. Can drive them into the ground. Last one got up to 215k miles on it after having the check engine light on for almost a year. Never got around to fixing what was wrong as it would have been more expensive to fix than the car's worth. Trunk space is pretty good too. Can fit a 5ft^3 box in with enough room for some golf clubs or whatever hahaha.

Any thoughts to a 4 door hatch? VW Golf comes to mind...best of both worlds maybe?
I don't like VW's lol... I can't think of 2 many 4 door hatches myself

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I've had an '02 Toyota Camry and now '06. Can drive them into the ground. Last one got up to 215k miles on it after having the check engine light on for almost a year. Never got around to fixing what was wrong as it would have been more expensive to fix than the car's worth. Trunk space is pretty good too. Can fit a 5ft^3 box in with enough room for some golf clubs or whatever hahaha.
Yea camrys definitely on my list lol

hm, i do like that car but i dont think i will find one in that range... they pretty nice
True, I've seen a few go that cheap but most people want double what they're worth because they are 'rare'. Fun car to drive though.

Other good cars in the cheaper range would be Honda CRV, small SUV with AWD and great gas mileage. Of course **** near any Toyota should last a long while as well.

True, I've seen a few go that cheap but most people want double what they're worth because they are 'rare'. Fun car to drive though.Other good cars in the cheaper range would be Honda CRV, small SUV with AWD and great gas mileage. Of course **** near any Toyota should last a long while as well.

Yea i like the Honda CRV but all the ones around my area(within like 1.5 hours) want a bit for a CRV. But theres good reason of course.

Ive been doing some looking and reading about the Pontiac Grand Prix's and i do like them. I havnt read to much negitive about them and the ones i did see, the person seems like they have never actually owned or drove one. My teammate has one and he loves it. His is 2000 model. Id really like to have a 2004 model when they added the rear folding seats

Yea i like the Honda CRV but all the ones around my area(within like 1.5 hours) want a bit for a CRV. But theres good reason of course.
Ive been doing some looking and reading about the Pontiac Grand Prix's and i do like them. I havnt read to much negitive about them and the ones i did see, the person seems like they have never actually owned or drove one. My teammate has one and he loves it. His is 2000 model. Id really like to have a 2004 model when they added the rear folding seats
Just do a huge blowthrough on the rear deck if you can't fold the seats.

It might be a bit bigger than you'd like but I used to have a Bonneville SSEi supercharged and it was a fun boat to drive around. Fully loaded too.

Just do a huge blowthrough on the rear deck if you can't fold the seats.
It might be a bit bigger than you'd like but I used to have a Bonneville SSEi supercharged and it was a fun boat to drive around. Fully loaded too.
No ive been in my friends Prix and it was fine with me. If i get one ill probably do it similar ot his.

He has his seat unbolted but there are latch/hooks that hold the seat. He has it firing into cabin trunk sealed off and for daily just folds down the big middle sections of the Seat for better out put. Then just pulls out the seat when he competes. Its a pretty loud car IMO from the trunk. Does a 151 on the dash with 1 18 and a clamped 2k i think is what he clamped

7th gen Pontiac Grand Prix (my parents have owned a few, and they're great cars)

4th gen Buick Regal (avoid '97s) (I own one, and know people with them)

8th/9th gen Chevy Impalas (I know a number of people with them)

10th gen Pontiac Bonneville (my brother owned one)

You get a Series II or III 3800-powered car, look for common issues before buying, she looks solid, do the right maintenance and it has a chance of getting to 400k. I've seen many, many of the above cars reach 250/350k miles and still be running strong.

The 97-03 W-body buyers guide / Common problems Use that as a general guide on 3800-powered cars before buying, look for those issues/symptoms.

I'd avoid the Ford Taurus, I have three friends whose families have them - they're mechanically reliable mostly, but the frames/subframes are sketchy at best (especially the Taurus' sister the Mercury Sable) as far as rusting out (they rust even worse than 6th gen Grand Prixs, lol), and have literally no power. You could wait a year for that car to go anywhere. Good mileage though. And, knew a guy who was driving a Taurus down the interstate and the rear underside of the car literally rusted away and came off.

my $0.02

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.