Loud off of 150watts??? Is it the car?

x2. A guy came into the shop I work at, and bought 2 12" cvrs. I asked what amp he was runnin so we could give him subs with the right impedance, d2 or d4. He didnt know the model # but he said pyramid *oh noes* and said he could bring it in if I wanted, so I told him bring it on in.

He comes back a minute later with this dinky looking amp with "1000w" on the center, with the pyramid logo. Im trying my hardest not to laugh, mind you, and I go on pyramid's website to see what impedance it runs at. So we set him up and before he leaves, he has a chat with my boss. While they talk, I look at the amp's fuse to see what kinda current it draws, and can estimate its power.

To my astonishment (even considering it was pyramid) it has a whopping 15A fuse. I was stunned. I busted out laughing and they looked at me funny. I told them I thought of something funny.

Its best to leave tards to themselves.
hilarious, you should tell that at a party sometime

i think you guys are just on drugs!!!! just //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif and do us a favor you NOT LOUD with 150 or 300 watts!!!! you might have some decent sq but your not loud.
haha i would love for you to come to toledo.

im gonna have to get it metered soon cause its pretty ridiculous for 1 12 off 3-400 rms.

havin a 2dr explorer helps a lot.

loud is relative also. i dont think mine is 'loud' because loud to me is over 150. but in that case you wouldnt be loud either would you?

It's all about the cabin gain. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Naaaah, I like this one better:

"cause it's ported!"

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

haha i would love for you to come to toledo.
im gonna have to get it metered soon cause its pretty ridiculous for 1 12 off 3-400 rms.

havin a 2dr explorer helps a lot.

loud is relative also. i dont think mine is 'loud' because loud to me is over 150. but in that case you wouldnt be loud either would you?
you'll be lucky if you're over a 140 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

you'll be lucky if you're over a 140 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
maybe.. but my point was that loud is relative.

and this dude has no right to tell me to kill myself just because i think that my car is relatively loud for what i have. (everything but the wire was free anyways)

You can be loud with little power. It takes a very efficient box. but it is entirely possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

x2. A guy came into the shop I work at, and bought 2 12" cvrs. I asked what amp he was runnin so we could give him subs with the right impedance, d2 or d4. He didnt know the model # but he said pyramid *oh noes* and said he could bring it in if I wanted, so I told him bring it on in.

He comes back a minute later with this dinky looking amp with "1000w" on the center, with the pyramid logo. Im trying my hardest not to laugh, mind you, and I go on pyramid's website to see what impedance it runs at. So we set him up and before he leaves, he has a chat with my boss. While they talk, I look at the amp's fuse to see what kinda current it draws, and can estimate its power.

To my astonishment (even considering it was pyramid) it has a whopping 15A fuse. I was stunned. I busted out laughing and they looked at me funny. I told them I thought of something funny.

best to leave tards to themselves.
haha, agreed!

Buddy is running 2 Jl 10w0s in a ext cab silverado under the backseat with a Kicker 1252xi ... Thats 125 watts a piece. Everytime I get in that truck I get more and more impressed... Loud for 250watts, granted he has bass levels up and last time I got in there the gain was nearly 3/4... I turned it down without him knowing and he still hasn't noticed (?)... Anywayz, his sh!t is very decent loud off 250watts.

As others said, the other guy had some cheap stuff....also, when you haven't heard too many other systems or systems that havent been installed well you dont have much to go by. I used to have an orion h2 12" off 400w and I thought it was pretty darn loud...then I upgraded to a DD 9515 on 500w and I thought it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay louder...once I put closer to 1k on the 9515 it was much louder...now i'll be having 2500-3k on it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. My point is, if you want to compare how loud you are to see if you really are loud, listen to a system that has been metered and proven to be loud. plus what you hear may not be the same as what the meter shows.

You can be loud with little power. It takes a very efficient box. but it is entirely possible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

There once was a time (early to mid 80's) when loud (130 to 140+ db's) only took 100 to 200w.

The race towards high powered amps now has speaker designers using heavier cones and larger magnets to handle more power, but the result is they've also lessened the efficiency in the process.

There are many true statements in here. Also, of course, sound is relative, and most people haven't heard 150db's, or even 140's. I have two 10w0's in my plymouth laser with around 150 going to each, and it is pretty loud (relative to normal listening, not people with 12 15's in there car). It is nearly as loud as my RLP with nearly 1000w, but part of that is the laser vs. an intrepid with tons of sound dampening between the trunk and the cabin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.