Maybe going active.... need advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

cx-7heaven
10+ year member

The dash don't be silent
Savannah, Ga
I'm just about ready to buy a H-701. I have a pair of sundown sax-100.2's running dual mono to my Diamond d-971 components(~400 rms per side). I wonder if I should stay with the passive xover or go active... I have the capability to easily switch between the 2 when I get the processor. Also, I just got off the phone with Diamond, found out that the tweet is crossed at 850 hz, but he said that the woofer has no upper cutoff freq. If I do go active, Where should I set the freqs, I want to try and keep the tweet as low as possible to bring my stage up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ill bump this for ya..

i think you should go active if you can - 850 is pretty low for a tweeter... so start there - i wouldnt suggest going any lower with how much power you're throwing at them - work you're way up until it sounds right to you..

I seriously doubt the tweeter is crossed at 850.

Anyways,

I am active and never would consider passive again. It's so easy to change what you want, no need for any different.

I would run 1 100.2 for tweets and the other for midbass...the tweeters use far less power than mids.

My the passive crossover in my set crosses at 2.2k, I have it crossed at 4k.

I would start at 100 hz HPF for midbass and go down and probably 2.5k LPF on the tweet and go up. You want to be sure not to damage the tweeter by too much power too low.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.