mb quarts dsc 450 4ch. problems HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

the Answer
10+ year member

DC audio FTMFW
ok so i have Phoenix gold ryval 6.5" comps and PG RSD 5x7s. when i turn the gain up for the comps, i get a loud peircing sound with only a little gain, now if i disconnect the woffers and tweets then i get no noise with gain all the way up and even with just the mids i still get the noise. and the 5x7s work perfectly.

so are my crossovers bad? it doesnt matter if i have them on front or back outputs because it does it on both.

for the components, but now im getting a hiss from the 5x7s so i think the amp is bad.
ya sounds like. if you have the luxury, swap another amp in and see if you get the same effect, only way to be certain...i'm not super happy with my 450 either. i've got crossovers on my components, amp and hu i keep my amps on full tilt and just handle it from the HU but i'm still not really glad with the sound. i blame my speakers but reading this, i'm not really sure who to blame. swapping all of it after xmas either way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.