Mid Range Speaker Recommendations

Participant count
  • Participant list

5.3bowtie
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Well after a ton of searching over the past few weeks I have decided just to ask this question specifically based on the setup I will be running. I am going to run 6.5 or 8" Silver Flutes in my stock door locations and SEAS Prestige 1" slik dome tweeters. I am planning to run the mid range and tweeters in the kicks unless another postition would be recommended.

What I am looking for is recommendations on a mid that will tie the flutes and seas together nicely. This will all be run active on either a deck or processor yet to be purchased. I am looking to stay around the same price range as the speakers previously mentioned (less than $100 for the set). They will be getting about 80 watts at 4 ohm.

I have been looking primarily at Madisound and like the looks of the scan-speak 15M but at $70 each they are a bit out of my price range. Any recommendations or comments on the setup in general are appreciated as this is my first attempt to put raw drivers together and go active.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't vouch for either as I've never heard neither but Id recommend getting to your nearest dealer and listening to them to see which better suits your needs

with that power level i'd personally just stick with the xover from the comp set

if you're running a 3 way front you should probably go with some dedicated midbass drivers like the peerless sls or dayton rs as they are better down low in the midbass regions than those silver flutes. You can run them from 60 to ~500 or higher if you went with the Daytons. Then run your midrange from that point up to where you want to cross your tweeters. Something like fountek fr88ex or fr89ex or the Dayton RS100s or you could even run a dome midrange if you crossed your midbass high enough

I was intertaining the idea of trying the anarchy's but at half the price and comparable parameters I thought I might give the silver flutes a try. I have read they have very good midbass but your saying they are not a dedicated midbass? They look to have a flat response from 50-3k hz so I figured I could cross at 50 or 60 hz.

I like the look of the Dayton RS100's and the Fountek fr80ex's. I might go that route for the mid range. Thanks for the help guys. Please keep the recommendations coming.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.