MOPAR System Layout ((Suggestions))

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kastlez_
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Bay Area, CA
I need help improving a current setup; I've bought a few things but unsure about the rest:

Vehicle: 1972 Dodge Challenger

Stock...

Front Stage: 4x10" center channel

Rear Fill: (2) 6x9"

Whats Installed Now...

Headunit:

Alpine 9887 (Active w/ Imprint installed)

Substage:

(2) 10" Kicker CompVR (( Infinite Baffle ))

Front Stage: Passive Crossover

(2) CDT Tweeters in pillars

(2) 3.5" Powerbass 2-ways in the center channel location

Rear Fill: (2) 6x9" Boston Acoustics

Amplifer: Alpine MRV-F450 (50 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms)

What I purchased so far...

Headunit: Alpine 9887 (Active w/ Imprint installed)

Front Stage: ???

Rear Fill: Boston 6x9's

Substage: (2) 10" JL Audio W6v2 ((Infinite Baffle))

Amps: ???

your front stage is going to depend on wether or not you want to cut up your car. are you sticking to the factory speaker locations?
I'd love to build some kicks or pillars but modifying the car to that degree is not an option.

I'm looking for suggestions for what I have to work with.

Build some small pods to mount to the kick panels using factory fasteners, hooks to lock into existing holes or slots in the chassis, anything creative to get left and right full range speakers up front. If you limit yourself to the center dash location and tweeters on the pillars it's still going to **** if you have any desire at all for stereo sound like a vehicle made within the last 30 or so years.

Build some small pods to mount to the kick panels using factory fasteners, hooks to lock into existing holes or slots in the chassis, anything creative to get left and right full range speakers up front. If you limit yourself to the center dash location and tweeters on the pillars it's still going to **** if you have any desire at all for stereo sound like a vehicle made within the last 30 or so years.
That's a good idea... I haven't done any glass work so i'll need to do some research first

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.