morel tempo 6 owners...weak link?

i would ship them back. well worth the shipping charges.....even if they say pound sand!!

im interested in their response..

get ahold of don ....6speedcoupe..... (on several forums) if your going to buy new....

hes straight up..no b.s.

and best of all hes an authorized seller for many quality products...

i just purchased a set of 6.5 GERANIUMS

and a 12" sub PROFI RAINBOW...

quick and simple...

good luck.

Are you satisfied with the xovers and tweets? Why not order a set of mids off Madisound instead of blowing a pretty penny on a whole new set?
yea, they seem pretty good. id always like a little louder though. figured the xs were the way to go.

For 500 bucks, I would either do like the above poster said and just get some mids from madisound or look at some other component sets.
ill look into it.

And why hasn't anyone asked for pics yet? Y'all are slacking.
i has no camera.

**** em both. the id's will be my next set. found some bnib pro60's from a member on here for $225 so i picked them up.

already had them before, and saving $135 bucks compared to the cxs and $254 compared to the xs, means i can put money towards a sub since ive been bassless for way too long.

How were the woofers installed? What high pass filter setting? How loud were they played?

I ask because the Morals are rated to 300w rms and offer good sensitivity around 90dB, but most of the woofers only have about 3mm xmax and a xmech of about 6-7mm. This gets you to about 100Hz-150Hz up to ok volumes. Morels woofers (not all) are geared much more for midrange use limited to around 125Hz to 150Hz. As well, if they are lower Qts woofers, they are mainly geared for compact, sealed enclosures, i.e. sealed kick panels, and this can let you run up towards the full 300w rms while still keeping at or below xmax, but you'll still be limited to about 100Hz. The high x-over of 3800Hz also requires it to be pretty on-axis in order not to get midrange frequency response loss of the near woofer and beaming. These sets are really specifically geared for on-axis, sealed kick panel type installs. Not doing so greatly promotes bottoming of the woofer and potential damage. Frankly, Morel ***** for in-door use unless you specifically run their woofers geared for this(home audio drivers). The Tempo is not one of these.

How were the woofers installed? What high pass filter setting? How loud were they played?
I ask because the Morals are rated to 300w rms and offer good sensitivity around 90dB, but most of the woofers only have about 3mm xmax and a xmech of about 6-7mm. This gets you to about 100Hz-150Hz up to ok volumes. Morels woofers (not all) are geared much more for midrange use limited to around 125Hz to 150Hz. As well, if they are lower Qts woofers, they are mainly geared for compact, sealed enclosures, i.e. sealed kick panels, and this can let you run up towards the full 300w rms while still keeping at or below xmax, but you'll still be limited to about 100Hz. The high x-over of 3800Hz also requires it to be pretty on-axis in order not to get midrange frequency response loss of the near woofer and beaming. These sets are really specifically geared for on-axis, sealed kick panel type installs. Not doing so greatly promotes bottoming of the woofer and potential damage. Frankly, Morel ***** for in-door use unless you specifically run their woofers geared for this(home audio drivers). The Tempo is not one of these.
i had my gains set to give 250w. whatever the amp decided to hand them during music was up to it. you all know how music works. either way, highpass set to 80hz at times and 100hz at other times. i wouldnt of been surprised if i was blasting it and they took a ****, but when the first one started making crackling noises i never even turned it up that crazy. honestly i was scared cause the cones felt so cheap.

Send them back ? Srsly ? Morel does express exchange on their products and stand behind them 110%. Then again this only applies when purchased legitimately...
sure they were purchased legitimately from lyttleviet. what is express exhange? i was told by lyttleviet that i would have to send it in on my dime, and then they would decide weather it was a warranty case or not, and THEN i would either get an approval or a denial.

either way, i bought some pro60's again, which i know hold up well. i think ill just take the loss on the morels.

i had my gains set to give 250w. whatever the amp decided to hand them during music was up to it. you all know how music works. either way, highpass set to 80hz at times and 100hz at other times. i wouldnt of been surprised if i was blasting it and they took a ****, but when the first one started making crackling noises i never even turned it up that crazy. honestly i was scared cause the cones felt so cheap.

sure they were purchased legitimately from lyttleviet. what is express exhange? i was told by lyttleviet that i would have to send it in on my dime, and then they would decide weather it was a warranty case or not, and THEN i would either get an approval or a denial.

THAT my friend is not being bought legitimately. Im sorry to inform you the hard way and that he did not disclose this from the start, but the facts are what they are.

Morel does not permit Any shipping of their product. He is not a dealer, nor does he have the right to ship them. If his own property - so be it, but then theyre a second hand sale.

IF you live local to him and bought them from the shop he associates with, then they (if still a dealer) would be able to get them express exchanged.

Express exchange = they send a replace set, you then send the defectives back. More often than not a call tag will also be included so no inconvenience on your part.

THAT my friend is not being bought legitimately. Im sorry to inform you the hard way and that he did not disclose this from the start, but the facts are what they are.
Morel does not permit Any shipping of their product. He is not a dealer, nor does he have the right to ship them. If his own property - so be it, but then theyre a second hand sale.

IF you live local to him and bought them from the shop he associates with, then they (if still a dealer) would be able to get them express exchanged.

Express exchange = they send a replace set, you then send the defectives back. More often than not a call tag will also be included so no inconvenience on your part.
wow...that blew up in my face. i always thought he was authorized to sell morel. guess i was wrong. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.